Recent content by DLxP

1. D

"Home Theater" Speakers

Yep, exactly. The JBL-provided 815 measurements look significantly better than the JBL-provided 835 measurements. If we assume the same degree of smoothing as these for the 835, they still suggest the 815 would measurements quite well.
  2. D

"Home Theater" Speakers

Yep, the 815 and passive. The directivity would probably be similar though in the CD's passband. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing for multichannel! Comparing the JBL spec sheets for the passive 815 to the 835P, the 815 has a much smoother frequency response, which got me...
  3. D

"Home Theater" Speakers

I'm really tempted to try SRX815s in my HT set up. The measurements look good to me. I feel like I might be missing something though ... is there anything below or in the specs that would be a cause for concern?
  4. D

JBL SRX835P Reviewed (Powered Monitor)

I wonder how well the passive SRX815 would perform in @amirm 's tests. The spec sheet measurements certainly indicate they'd have a tidier FR. Here's the SRX835P again: And here's the passive SRX815: That looks like +/- 1dB from 400Hz to ~12kHz, although lots of smoothing. It has the...
  5. D

Home theater room correction reading list: Dirac; RoomPerfect; Trinnov Optimizer; ARC Genesis; Audyssey

Thanks very much @Flak and @radix - I've now edited the OP to include your links
  6. D

Home theater room correction reading list: Dirac; RoomPerfect; Trinnov Optimizer; ARC Genesis; Audyssey

Sorry, that's a reflection of my lurker tendencies - i.e. I haven't logged in to ASR for over 3 months - I am in fact a very regular reader ;) I'll donate - been meaning to anyway to support the cause. Hopefully that will enable the edit functionality.
  7. D

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Are you still happy with the CBT50s as surrounds? I'm very seriously considering buying four of them, to function as side and rear surrounds. I'd be very interested in your (and others') opinion. For info: I sit approx 3 feet from my right surround, 4 ft from right surround back; 8ft from my...
  8. D

Fallen at the first hurdle with this - I can't see how to edit my original post... I was going to add this for Trinnov: https://www.trinnov.com/PDF/AES6375_Reproducing_Multichannel_Sound_on_any_Speaker_Layout.pdf
  9. D

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

Yep, and they're in as new condition with complete repackaging. Mine should be arriving soon :)
  10. D

Good points - thanks! I was hoping to keep the focus on home theater room correction, in the sense that the ones I listed feature in AVRs/AVPs. However, if anyone contributes reading for those I'm very happy to include it in this list. The main objective is to create a useful resource.
  11. D

I know home theater room correction systems are discussed on multiple other threads, but I haven't seen a thread that collates useful resources about them. I think that would be extremely useful. The types of resources I'm contemplating: AES papers about these specific systems (ideally free to...
  12. D

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf RoomPerfect EQ

Am I right in thinking nobody has compared RP to Dirac yet? I've looked around, including reading this thread, but I haven't seen an objective comparison between the two.
  13. D

I don't have the web interface to play around with (I don't own the HTP-1, but am considering it).
  14. D

So I went and had a look at the manual, partly out of curiosity given you said you read the entire thing. When I saw it was 97 pages I couldn't understand why you'd read all of it ... then I ended up doing the same! I've got to agree, that's an unusually excellent and well-considered manual...
  15. D

Webinar about Dirac Live Bass Control

Where did you see those measurements if you don't mind me asking?
Top Bottom