Recent content by Davide

1. Davide

Final REW measurements, opinions?

Dear users, I state that my system is the one in the signature. I've recently been struggling a bit with Dirac Live due to some issues related to it. I discovered that when measuring at high sample rates the IR it detected was completely wrong, although it sounded satisfactory. Taking...
  2. Davide

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

I don't want to be offensive, but I think I feel sorry or embarrassed in the belief that a power cord makes audible difference. Neglecting all the various engineering aspects such as PSRR, etc ... there are kilometers of electrical network before the electrical outlet ... and the last meter of...
  3. Davide

Targets for Dirac Live

DIY sealed with Scan Speak Discovery 12". Here and here I posted some details. In the second post you can see SPL vs Freq graph, both with Xmax and Power limits. I should reach 96dB SPL at 20hz at 3 meters remaining in the linear excursion range. Anyway, returning to the topic. To provide Dirac...
  4. Davide

Targets for Dirac Live

The subs response is blue and yellow. If you are referring to the boost to the lower limit of 20Hz, it is not overboosted. Neither as Response (measured with REW) nor as XMAX of drivers (I have accurately calculated the maximum power to not exceed it). Also, consider that the subs are two and...
  5. Davide

Targets for Dirac Live

I recently fine-tuned the Dirac BC target and was amazed by how it determines realism or not. Clearly the process consisted of measurements with REW to verify the result. And in the listening point the curve is actually a straight line if represented logarithmically. I only added a small boost...
  6. Davide

A Sonos One (Gen 2) sounds deeper, better and more punchy than my KEF R11

I too have often found all in one systems sounding better than my system. Obviously I damned myself to be able to justify my extra expense. I must say that experience has taught me that the frequency response (the timbre) is a determining and preponderant factor in perception. After so many...
  7. Davide

Incorporating environmental factors for DRC

I think that you cannot determine a significantly better or worse measurement method if you do not have a significantly precise target (understood as magnitude, phase, reflections amount, etc.). To date it seems to me that a target of magnitude is still not universally defined, nor definable...
  8. Davide

SylphAudio's High-Performance Amplifier Modules (2024 and Beyond)

@SylphAudio Out of curiosity, what will be the approximate price range of the FBUltra?
  9. Davide

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

The discussion on the audibility of the correction waves is interesting. Technically the low frequencies have a long length so the area of effectiveness remains large and the sound pressure differential (with mains) minimum. It is more difficult to understand how it remains sufficiently...
  10. Davide

Dirac Reviews

Bass Control from what I understand should primarily provide the integration between mains and sub(s), and better LF consistency through the combined use of them. Whether it is also equipped with a more advanced algorithm for bass correction (example when used with 2.0) is honestly not clear to...
  11. Davide

Harman Curve for the Low End

I find Dirac Live's automatic targeting really nice. It makes the bass more "physical". In practice it is a low shelf of around 3 or 4 dB which drops from 40/50hz to 100hz at 0 dB.
  12. Davide

A Real, Audiophile-Grade, Solution for Hearing Loss on All Devices

Interesting. I actually wanted a tool like this. I think I'll try it when I have time. From the info, the reference version seems decidedly more interesting. Will there be a trial? What will also be the price target? I don't understand if purchasing the free pre-release now is a sort of...
  13. Davide

Dirac Reviews

I have been using Dirac for a few years on a system initially 2.0 and now 2.2. I've gone through I think 4 speakers and 2 rooms with it. My opinion is that to make a judgment you need to understand well what it does and how it does it. It is not a tool that magically solves the negative...
  14. Davide

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

I tried redoing my room measurement following a more precise and symmetrical microphone placement, and indeed the Dirac correction improved a bit this way. The measured frequency response is practically the same, in fact I used the same target, but the stereo imaging has improved. Furthermore...
  15. Davide

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

Sure, minimize phase / gd deviation at low freq can make audible improvement in wide area. But I'm talking about linear phase monitors, so full audio band. You say that the phase nonlinearity of a single transducer (tweeter or woofer) is the major part? From the various IR graphs it doesn't...
Top Bottom