Recent content by dlieb

1. D

Impact of Audeze 2021 pad revision

Does anybody happen to have an preferred EQ for a LCD-2 (Fazor, 2020) with the 2021 pads?
  2. D

A question for Audeze cognoscenti: LCD 2 Fazor vs LCD X

So yesterday I went to try and pick up some new earpads for my LCD2 fazor (2020 version), and ended up auditioning the LCD-X. I enjoyed the Xs quite a bit (no surprise) and my completely biased subjective judgment was that they imaged better than the LCD2. I'm wondering whether there are any...
  3. D

Spirits, what you drinking...

Holy cow! I am jealous.
  4. D

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

The oratory EQ has too many bands for the RME. I have the 2020 version of the LCD-2 and I use the first 5 bands given here: https://forum.headphones.com/t/lcd-2f-2020-review/6578/21 It sounds fantastic, but if you don't have the 2020 version these settings may not be as useful.
  5. D

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

I've now had these speakers for four days and I figured I'd chime in with my impressions. I was compelled to buy them because I had a problem with my living room speakers (Axiom M3v4) and wanted to replace them with something more neutral with better bass. I bought these directly from Polk so...
  6. D

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: (tie): Sennheiser HD650 and Audiophonics Ncore amp Worst: Centrance Skyn (it was a kickstarter-funded iphone dac. The company changed the terms several times, delayed production, and then it promptly broke.)
  7. D

Spirits, what you drinking...

This stuff is great! Very sherried and hot (given the high ABV). The Tamdhu 15 is great as well.
  8. D

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Thanks for the instructions! I think I've been making it more difficult than need be.
  9. D

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

How do you brew your hot cocoa? My results have been inconsistent!
  10. D

Review and Measurements of Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Preamp

Thanks. I figured it would be okay, but I wanted somebody more informed to take a look. In the (skeletal) manual it specifies the MM inputs are for 3-5mv carts, though it doesn't say anything else.
  11. D

Review and Measurements of Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Preamp

Can anybody tell whether there would be a problem using a higher output MM cart (Rega Exact puts out 6.8-7.2mv) with this phono stage. I know Cambridge Audio does not recommend it, but can't figure out whether it would be an actual problem.
  12. D

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

I try hard to find alternatives to amazon when possible, but I did have a very mediocre experience with Apos. I purchased some IEMs that broke within a half-hour. Apos did eventually take them back and refunded me, but it took weeks. It often took over a week to get a response via e-mail and...
  13. D

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

Outstanding. Thank you!
  14. D

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

I actually wonder if Amir would consider reviewing the HD650. It would be extremely useful to have as a reference, especially given that so many of us are familiar with it. In fact, I'm one of those people who just can't find a headphone I like more. I have never tried a Focal Clear, but I...
  15. D

My Objective/Subjective Comparison of Three Popular High-End Headphones plus a Newcomer

Got it! BTW, thanks again for all of the impressions. In general I'm deeply skeptical of subjective reviews for reasons familiar to just about everybody a ASR, but your reviews seem to me a rare case in which they genuinely add value. Nice job!
Top Bottom