Recent content by Buckeye Amps

1. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

The remote control sample came in
  2. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

There was a run of bad ones at one time it seems, based on a wide survey of owners over a couple of years. I believe they are good to be used again for a while now.
  3. Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

As @MicroAudio posted, even if you left the 3ch NCx500 in idle indefinitely, it does not get that hot. In fact when I tested one of the rack builds in my own setup, the AC Infinity Aircom would never come on while sitting idle, even though the thermal probe was placed right next to the SMPS and...
  4. Buckeye Amps

That is the plan, yes
  5. Buckeye Amps

I am planning on showcasing the full base integrated model at MWAVE in the end of June.
  6. Buckeye Amps

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

The "chip" is a Hypex NCx500 module (so Hypex brand, their NCOREx iteration)
  7. Buckeye Amps

New Purifi amplifiers coming

I wanted to close the topic that was discussed a while back re: certification of the 2kW Micro Audio SMPS' Micro Audio 2kW SMPS Certification I also have a copy of the full certificate on file.
  8. Buckeye Amps

About 6wks or so ago, another vendor on here tried to imply that lack of certification meant there was "distrust" of Micro Audio SMPS' when Micro Audio was suggested as a proper SMPS for reaching full power output with certain amplifier modules (such as the Purifi 1ET7040SA and the upcoming...
  9. Buckeye Amps

The feature should definitely be working for all future (and pending 2024) orders. In terms of hardware the ability is there on the SMPS and our input board. Just need to tweak the firmware.
  10. Buckeye Amps

This is being rectified with Standby control of the Micro Audio SMPS and the entire amplifier section.
  11. Buckeye Amps

Any good preamp will not negatively affect the sound quality.
  12. Buckeye Amps

Max power is a little higher on the mono (website needs updated for the 2ch to reflect this) but the difference is an inaudible difference (less than 1dB). Monoblocks are mainly targeted for those who like to have an amp near each L/R (and sometimes Center) speaker.
Top Bottom