Recent content by djwo013

1. D

Should I "feel" the sound more with floorstanding speakers vs bookshelves?

My phone app was registering around 72dB on the floorstanders for the loudest organ parts of the scene I was testing, and 74dB for the standmounted ones. I have no clue how accurate a phone app would be, although it was at least consistent upon replay and the same chords. It didn't feel...
  2. D

Yes, I agree this isn't the most scientific, although I do feel like I was biased against liking the more expensive speakers more :) I would guess the room was about 17'x17'. So you think it is possible with the M105s and dual subs configured correctly that I could get a similar experience to...
  3. D

Thanks for the input everyone. So a larger woofer will move more air while still producing the same frequency and dB level as a smaller woofer? I don't quite understand the physics of it, and my intuition would say that more air moving would produce a different frequency or volume, but again I...
  4. D

After reading a lot on this forum, I decided to go try out some revel speakers for a 5.1 home theater setup. I demoed the M105s and F208s as the L/R, paired with multiple centers and a JL audio 12" sub. I listened to various scenes in Interstellar as my test material. The speakers were sitting...
Top Bottom