Recent content by Dj7675

1. D

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Higher frequencies may come later (or might not). I used the beta which had 300hz has the cutoff frequency. I tried up to 300hz. I didn't hear anything necessarily objectionable but would want to spend more time with it because I think in some systems going that high would be an issue with...
  2. D

If you have a pair of good speakers and 4 subs in the corners, you have a potent setup. ART does not care if the frequency support is a sub or a speaker. Also, the level required from the support speakers or subs is generally quite fairly low and not all that taxing (and can be adjusted). Dirac...
  3. D

Slight correction… if you purchased your Stormaudio unit after Jan 1 2023 then it was “free”. If before, the cost was $299 :)
  4. D

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

A really welcome update on quite a number of things. It is really encouraging the rate that Stormaudio continues to develop the product. For people that want to use the device for multiple zones, this is a great update. As long as you have free channels for other zones, you can do other 2.1...
  5. D

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Let ART do it on its own. Then verify with both listening and post ART REW Measurements.
  6. D

FS/US: Adam T7V Speakers (2) $325 delivered

Up for sale is a pair of Adam T7V speakers in nice condition. $325 delivered CONUS. Payment via paypal. Included are the original boxes, power cords. Pictures coming soon.
  7. D

FS/US: Adam T5V Speakers (2) $250 Delivered

Up for sale is a pair of Adam T5V speakers. Very lightly used in very good condition. Minor scuffs on top. $250 delivered CONUS. Payment via paypal. Pictures to come in the next couple of days.
  8. D

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

For sure. Lots of great info. https://support-stormaudio.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SUP/pages/357072897/StormAudio+x+Dirac+Live+ART
  9. D

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

You cannot use expert bass management with ART, but you can use PEQ before and after Dirac.
  10. D

ART is fundamentally different in how it does EQ (below 150hz). It uses support speakers (and subs) to cancel out resonances.
  11. D

Yes. I don’t think there is a limit on the number of subs. You are just limited on the number of channels you have. I have 24 channels to play with.
  12. D

That is exactly how DLBC and ART works. I believe ART too be quite a bit better because there are no crossovers per se… you define the frequency range you want the subs to support (as well as other speakers) and ART will set the levels/slope and compute the support speaker cancellation...
  13. D

Phase “matching” is not exclusive to ARC G. The reason Dirac DLBC exists primarily is because of just this reason. See https://www.dirac.com/live/bass-control/ and look at “Why DLBC is needed”. Compatible Marantz and Denon units can be upgraded to include Dirac/DLBC. One of the nice things...
Top Bottom