Recent content by dixter

1. D

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

the theory in this case is factual... you eliminate cross talk with xlr to xlr cables...
  2. D

the real problem is that " balanced " is an overused definition.... a true balanced circuit is where the signals are inverted and summed together where the mathematical relationship of sign/cosign is used to subtract noise from the signal.... but another definition is used when a long run of a...
  3. D

balanced is nice if your source is balanced... otherwise you have to get a strange cable... like XLR balanced out to RCA input.... why not get the balanced version of the amp if your source has balance output... XLR balanced to XLR balanced input.... see how that works :cool:
  4. D

you guys are funny to read... in more ways than one...
  5. D

@ Fosi Audio .... I have been testing the ZA3 for several weeks with the purpose being end use of a headphone Amp mainly for hard to drive headphones like the Susvara, HE6seV2 and Modhouse Tungsten and others.. I purchased two of the ZA3 amps and I built 2 interface cables, one cable...
  6. D

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

I guess this is one way to help out with the rising cost of TOTL headphones... Audeze announced at CamJam a new trade up program for the LCD-5 or the CRBN electrostatic ... you can now get either of those for $2495 with a trade in.... what a deal
  7. D

for hifiman at least I think they got a bad rap out of the starting gate and have done wonderful with their support and QC lately... the HE1000V2 at $2K is an amazing deal with the prices of headphones going north... many claim the HE1000V2 to sound better than the HE1000SE at $3500 and even...
  8. D

I have a feeling there are way too many super expensive headphones on the market now and with the economy doing bad things the " trickle down " is going to be a " price reduction " pretty quick... there are only so many people around the world willing to pay $4K plus for a headphone and most...
  9. D

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Nice picture.... where did you pick up the cable from..
  10. D

well it might be because if you buy a very expensive headphone then you have to buy a very expensive DAC/AMP... so the actual expense gets a little out of hand... I'm sure the headphone is great... it looks great and so far the people that have it seem to like the way it sounds.. I wouldn't...
  11. D

as much as I like talking about the A16 we should get back on topic here.... again... I think the DCA Expanse would sound amazing on the A16
  12. D

Yes you are correct that its best to complete the speaker recording in person... but it really comes down to does the purchased PRIR recordings serve your personal listening enjoyment.. do they sound correct or do they not sound correct... is not really a situation where you record a...
  13. D

what I described isn't a short cut... the procedure I wrote is what is called the HPEQ ( headphone EQ ) . The routine is required for each model of Headphone you plan on using with the A16... the A16 records the characteristics of the headphone driver and how the cups interact with your...
  14. D

actually all you have to do is take your headphones and the included microphones and record the interaction of the headphones to your ears... the A16 will then correct the frequency response and you just take out the microphones from your ears and fine tune the results to finalise the...
  15. D

funny you should say that... take the $4000 headphone and connect it to a DSP device like the Smyth A16 and those $4K headphones turn into emulating a $250,000 speaker system perfectly... :)
Top Bottom