Recent content by Dismayed

1. Dismayed

DIgital Audio vs Analog Test

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the process. I still print from negatives in a darkroom.
  2. Dismayed

It makes sense that the digital signal would pretty much perfectly reproduce a turntable signal, but we’re wading into the land of voodoo. I can understand enjoying the ritual of playing LPs, though I personally do not. Time to go - my tube amp is now warm!
  3. Dismayed

I guess I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about magical analog sound!
  4. Dismayed

What is the point of CD rips?

I ripped my collection when streaming services were still pretty lame. Now I listen to Tidal instead.
  5. Dismayed

Is anyone aware of a double blind test that compares a digitized feed from a turntable to the analog signal from the turntable? I believe that a digitized signal at the Red Book standard from a turntable would be indistinguishable from the turntable feed in a well-controlled study. It isn't a...
  6. Dismayed

Aragon 2004 MK II Review (Vintage Amplifier)

I have a 4004 mkII that I plan to have serviced this spring. It’s a bit heavy to ship across the country, and I don’t want to be without music longer than necessary. So I’ll have to give an anecdotal review. I ‘m expecting improved palpable presence, better speed, and base slam.
  7. Dismayed

Not trying to be arrogant here, but who listens to this?

And everyone has a different view of which 90% to consider crap.
  8. Dismayed

Budget DAC - should I just pick any one that is recommended by Amir?

I’ve been happy with my JDS Labs El Dac II+. They have less expensive choices, but I wanted a metal case. Made in USA. https://jdslabs.com/shop/?category=featured
  9. Dismayed

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Billie Eilish. She sounds as if she’s in the midst of an asthma attack, gasping for air.
  10. Dismayed

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

Kimber Cable and any other similar snake oil brands.
  11. Dismayed

Stereophile Amplification Product of the Year

It’s rated highly because of the palpable presence, bass slam, and air.
  12. Dismayed

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

So we are 307 pages into this conversation and we still haven’t figured it out?
  13. Dismayed

Nice looking speaker cables that aren't expensive?

I like Blue Jeans Cables. Custom cables at an off-the-rack price.
  14. Dismayed

HIFI POWER CABLES - a thought

Try again. I never posted that.
Top Bottom