Recent content by dir

1. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

in fact, these are all your foolish allegories about mumbo jumbo - this is a frank conversation about yourself. Running around with pieces of paper or blind tests, you think you're the smartest. Well, put yourself a blind test on 100 tracks, after which you can not distinguish mp3 from the...
  2. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

you can easy find it not only from the audiophile magazines. Lots of sound engineers operate terms like attack or soundstage, you name it
  3. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

Yes, the model is not yet expected, because for a long time there has been no investment in audio of such a level as at least in the 70s. Investors now have different priorities and we all know them. I don't compare E30 with "grandma's tv box". I mean it sounds like mediaplayer for TV, not like...
  4. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

A system that can confidently control the basic vocabulary of listening experience. Not all Qvotrup's speeches suit me on 100%, so I don’t have Audio Note.
  5. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

not this way. Until a convincing mathematical model of hearing is not created, I will take into account the subjective listening and the available measurements both. I am just sharing my experience with E30 on of this thread about E30. If someone gets "stirred up" just by a fact that different...
  6. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

it’s strange that for some reason you are denying the sine or multiton to the honor of being another marketing myth and working great on sales. Well, Topping doesn’t have a charismatic human personality like Peter Qvotrup, but they show instead a screenshot of Audio Precision. Is it enough for...
  7. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

I don’t think that all manufacturers come in on a single protocol. At least some of them at some stage takes into account the intuition of listening experience. We see this, for example, as Carstens (RME) he always prefers AKM chips over Sabre. Someone else likes to put MUSES02, although another...
  8. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

of course i was looking such part of experiments, but I still see no correlation between my personal experience as listener. I swear, I'm not a cable beliver or whatever. I was happy when some device which I don't like as listener, it has bad measurements. It looks fairly as expected. But case...
  9. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

You just need to understand that measuring the voltage with a voltmeter when a sinusoid is applied, and this is exactly what is being done - the same benefit as measuring the mass and dimensions. This can be done easily, you can even use very expensive devices and get a lot of decimal digits...
  10. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

With your Sounblaster card you tend to make too bold generalizations about the victims. Who said? As long as it looks like you tend to blame any audio equipment that dared to put a price tag that you don't like. I am not interested in your crusade against marketings, but I like idea of building...
  11. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

for example, the first genereations of Philips CD-players with 14 bit TDA1540 DAC: CD100, 101,200,202,300,303 measurements is not "really bad" but its nothing special for modern age Anyway they plays 16bit content much-much better than E30
  12. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

well I'm not just another troll, believe me. On the contrary, I am an attentive reader of this site and I myself take measurements of audio equipment. But in this case, I feel that I am trapped and seduced by abstract figures that contradict my musical experience.
  13. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

I has much wider experiense from vintage digital machines to the modern DAC's, so my refereeing is very rude and fast now. Of course, I use a selector and align all sources to the output voltage. And I can say that sources with good or bad measurements can sound great both. But it could be the...
  14. dir

Topping E30 DAC Review

I has too many expectations from E30. Despite good measurements it sounds mediocre, just like entry level tv-box. Lean timbre, no aftertone, wasted money. Please, do not rush to accuse me for sympathy for the colored sound. RME DAC and Chord has equally good measurements, but I prefer RME. It...
  15. dir

Review and Measurements of JDS Labs EL DAC

what is level of white noise ? -4dB (as Stereophile like) or -1 dB they looks are very different, don't forget about inter-sample peaks
Top Bottom