Recent content by Diplo

1. D

What’s your endgame speaker setup for critical listening?

How would you describe them? I’ve read Manny Marroquin uses these.
  2. D

Does EQ shelving have a more natural, less phasey sound than high passing?

Would you say a shelf on either the highs or lows sound more natural? My thinking is that with a shelf the frequencies are severely reduced, but are still there, so you might have something that sounds more natural. That being said, if you want a sound to sound like it’s coming from behind a...
  3. D

Does EQ shelving have a more natural, less phasey sound than high passing?

I wondered which of the two are considered “cleaner”. A high pass, or a low shelf cut (up to like -30dB)?
  4. D

What’s your endgame speaker setup for critical listening?

If you had an unlimited budget…
  5. D

If you have a large room, are the smaller 8330/8331 Genelec speakers ever more beneficial over their larger counterparts?

Basically, when room space isn’t an issue, would you still purchase smaller Genelecs? And why?
  6. D

How does the metal Genelec tweeter compare to a ribbon tweeter (Adam) in regards to transient response/that 3D pop effect to get from ridged tweeters?

Metal dome tweeters have the edge over soft dome in regards to this “pop”, but how does it compare to ribbon?
  7. D

Is the tweeter crossover on the Genelec 83x0 line audible?

If the crossover on them isn’t audible then I may just skip getting “The Ones” and save myself some money…
  8. D

When using GLM, is there much of a difference in sonic quality between the Genelec 83x1 and 83x0 to justify the (over) doubling in price?

I’m looking to switch over to Genelec for a plethora of reasons - sound and build quality, their variety of accessories, GLM (to avoid the latency of Sonarworks) and its seamless expansion for an atmos setup, etc… The 8341/8351 w/sub seems like a pretty endgame setup, but I wondered if they are...
  9. D

How does the Genelec “The One” line compare to the Amphion studio monitors?

Looking for a new pair of mixing speakers. I hear good thinks about the Amphion’s, but I’m hoping to get some advice from someone who has heard both!
  10. D

Would running audio through a cheap tube preamp (like the Behringer Ultragain) result in pleasing tube saturation?

That’s the one! Could you explain the starved plate design, I’ve heard bad things but I’m not super clued up on why it sounds worse than the alternative.
  11. D

Are the Genelec 8331's with GLM, the best bang for buck in that price range?

They run around £1700 each... The 8341 has better bass extension, but they're £700 more PER monitor, and at that price I could just get a sub.
Top Bottom