Recent content by Dion_Sinewave

1. Dion_Sinewave

dspNexus DSP Audio Processor - DANVILLE SIGNAL - SHIPPING NOW?

Hi, can I load FIR correction filters from Audiolense to the dspNexus?
  2. Dion_Sinewave

Active is better sounding than passive

I agree. I implement this exact same method with my active 4 way setup. what’s interesting from my perspective is to have several presets: 4 way active with brick wall filters, 3 way in full range as my main speakers go very low, stereo subs or mono summed bass. It takes my Lake DLP about 5...
  3. Dion_Sinewave

Active is better sounding than passive

I use Dante and find it to be excellent
  4. Dion_Sinewave

Loudspeaker Management Systems

I certainly know how to operate them, but you clearly know much more about their design that I do
  5. Dion_Sinewave

So what do you think the problem was for me? Amplifier gain? I’m truly at a loss to explain it.
  6. Dion_Sinewave

The impossible decision of buying an AVR/AVP!

I love mine. I heartily recommend the 70. A big improvement from my AVM 60
  7. Dion_Sinewave

I did think it was strange that my 2004 Contours sound perfect, and a 2018 LM26 had awful hiss. regrding your second sentence: I can see/ hear the hiss with *any* component downstream of the LM26 from its XLR outs, in 2 way or 3 way but not in 1 way (just stereo out)
  8. Dion_Sinewave

Weirdly it hissed. Like the signal to noise ratio was 30% noise. So I sent it back and after examining it, they said they would replace the main board. Instead Dolby sent me a completely new one. Same issue. I bought one from Australia after sending the second one back to the states, same exact...
  9. Dion_Sinewave

I bought a LM26 for my main system and it didn’t work at all.
  10. Dion_Sinewave

I used Bryston USB to AES converter from PC to my contours, but the DLP has Dante Which I love. I’m running a 4 way active system using SEAS excell drivers. one preset is for cinema, I use 4x XLR in from my Anthem AVM70- Left and Right plus 2 sub channels. for music I have Dante from my pc...
  11. Dion_Sinewave

Finally I can contribute to this forum! I have 2x Lake Contours and a Lake DLP as my primary DAC/ Crossover/ EQ and time alignment
  12. Dion_Sinewave

Atmos and production quality of home movie releases in general

I feel the same. i have large surround backs (Cantons with 2x 6.5in mid-bass drivers) and 200wrms per channel and can’t say I’ve ever heard them except for when I turn the front channels off and turn my chair around. my next upgrade was intended to be 4x overheads for Atmos but now it seems...
  13. Dion_Sinewave

Why aren't electronic crossovers more popular?

I have NC400 on each tweeter… maybe I should get Neurochrome pair for high frequency
  14. Dion_Sinewave

This is what I have:
  15. Dion_Sinewave

I have protective capacitors already on each one! Supplied ($100each AUD) from me speaker manufacture. And a digital high pass filter/ brick wall linear phase crossover too! I thought they were supposed to protect my tweeters and also be a high pass filter? They did absolutely nothing.. I...
Top Bottom