Recent content by DimitryZ

1. DimitryZ

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

I got one from the first batch! I even use mine to stream from my phone.
  2. DimitryZ

More good results for the FA decoder!!!

Is it like the Electro Turbo Encabulator?
  3. DimitryZ

Absolute Polarity - Myth or "Important"?

Well, thanks to @solderdude , I have a handy AB switch at my listening chair to flip phase at the preamp/amp interface. And on most modern music it doesn't make a noticeable difference. I suspect modern recordings have many tracks in both normal and reverse phase due to many, many processing...
  4. DimitryZ

I am still experimenting, my attention being mostly devoted to the war in Ukraine. The box is working excellently! However, early impressions are: 1. Some recordings do sound different in different phases. In audiophile terms I would describe it as a modest difference. 2. With those...
  5. DimitryZ

Z seems like a bad letter, given the vicious Russian attack on Ukraine. And my last name starts with Z, so I can't win. I have to do more clicking with my fabulous new remote to get any sense if all new recordings are 'phase neutral. '
  6. DimitryZ

Clearly, this is a hard room...
  7. DimitryZ

Let's pretend we are part of a community where we encourage each other :)
  8. DimitryZ

I can now happily report to be in possession of an excellent remote audio balanced phase switch, graciously created by @solderdude . This device allows me to switch absolute phase from my listening seat while the music is playing. 2 XLR in and out plus 5V supply and a green/red LED on the...
  9. DimitryZ

iPhone -> Lightning/USB 3 adapter ->DAC is it bit perfect?

Maybe the issue is Rotel's USB input? DAC is supposed to claim IOS equivalent of WASAPI - the volume is disabled. I will check all of my DACs - I remember that one of them allowed me to control volume on the iPad, just can't remember which one. Added: I can report that my DACs that allow for...
  10. DimitryZ

Maybe there is an IOS setting that needs attention? I have a bunch of DACs and they all seem to act the same connected to an iPad. I will cycle through them to make sure. The only difference in our setups is that I use a switchable powered USB hub to direct the digital signal to several DACs...
  11. DimitryZ

On my system, Apple Music sounds fine. I also can't change the volume, just like Tidal and Qobuz, implying bit-perfect transmission. Are you using this thingy for connection,? Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01F7KJDIM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_HFDB9J40X8BXY4VB81Q1
  12. DimitryZ

Let me check. I haven't listened to Apple Music for a while. I have Tidal and Qobuz on the same iPad, so I can compare. What tracks did you find to show the Apple/Tidal difference more?
  13. DimitryZ

Did you disable Atmos in Apple Music settings? In my experience, Atmos-rendered music doesn't sound good into a standard 2 channel playback.
  14. DimitryZ

I can report that in Qobuz and Tidal the iPad's volume rocker is disabled. This strongly suggests bit-perfect - IOS equivalent to Windows WASAPI connection.
  15. DimitryZ

Good observation. I set the volume to max on the iPad and the setup triggers MQA recognition on Gustard X16, suggesting bit-perfect. I will lower the volume and see if above changes.
Top Bottom