Recent content by Dimitri

1. Dimitri

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Show-off! :) Most people would not let such a review stand unchallenged - I don't mistake their compulsion to react negatively to phrases like below "Before I seriously engage with any cable product, I need to know that it is thin, compliant, and gentle on my components' rear panels. If it...
  2. Dimitri

The only way to "escape" is if posters exercise restrain from either bringing it up in the first place or commenting on the original post. "ABCDEFG said pink cables from the perfect mix of strangeum, unobtainium and expensium will even turn an AM radio to full HiFi quadrophonic system (as...
  3. Dimitri

The make expen$ive power cables for those too !!!
  4. Dimitri

Inside Yamaha amps

Anytime there is a "progressively worsening" power ON problem with a unit that uses a stand-by supply voltage the first suspect is the one capacitor responsible for waiting long enough to sense someone pushed the power On button. I've had the symptom on a Carver receiver (it would either turn...
  5. Dimitri

HiFi Technology Flatlined Last Century

So ... EchoDot and Apple Homepod ?
  6. Dimitri

The Truth About Vinyl Records

It more cheap than it is "modern" . It's more compact than it is "modern". Here is what a real console looks like : https://soniccircus.com/product/wunder-audio-48-channel-wunderbar-super-d-console/
  7. Dimitri

New ASR logo proposal

:facepalm:
  8. Dimitri

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

All we need is a way of measuring this: Listen to it with your eyes closed to avoid what @Blumlein88 pointed out
  9. Dimitri

New ASR logo proposal

Yuck after 20189 messages, 36303 likes Brilliant, after 1966 messages and 2564 likes. I think we are done. Now we can move on to other important issues, for example, do reviewers with a mutsache appear more credible in videos?
  10. Dimitri

New ASR logo proposal

I find the unsolicited logo proposal rather presumptuous.
  11. Dimitri

Are trainers (sneakers) like HiFi?

Sneakers are a sociology topic unless you are a professional athlete. Then it's a matter of sponsorhorship contracts and performance. (mostly sponsorship contracts) :)
  12. Dimitri

Decoupling/bypass & signal path capacitors for op-amps (NE5532 in Aiyima A07 vs. TPA3255evm)

Just a reminder (and I like a thread going off the rails and the topic as much as the next guy), the discussion started as an inquiry regarding bypass capacitors and has developed into capacitors in the signal path. ;)
  13. Dimitri

Decoupling/bypass & signal path capacitors for op-amps (NE5532 in Aiyima A07 vs. TPA3255evm)

Here is their story and they are sticking to it: ( https://www.ti.com/lit/an/sloa069/sloa069.pdf ) " Texas Instruments includes electrolytic capacitors on evaluation boards because there is a chance they will be operated off a switching power supply, or operated near AM stations with long...
  14. Dimitri

OCD HI-Fi Guy on Audio Grounding

Many. Anyone can make youtube videos. (probably not the thought you were looking for :) ) Of all you watched what worries you the most ?
Top Bottom