Recent content by Dilliw

1. D

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

Every move she makes, every breath she takes (o.k. I stole that) is calculated to make the Tay Tay train more money. And she's an extremely focused person on that aspect more so that art. Pink is an artist who is somewhat focused, Katy is unfocused, and Lady Gaga is more of a artist who became...
  2. D

Looking for an RV amplifier

Got to ride in one of those back in the 70's when our friends from Missouri came for a visit. The view from the passenger's seat was amazing! Love your project.
  3. D

Big sounding mini speakers

I was in a bar yesterday and they were using a Sonos system using Era 100's. I was impressed at how well those little speakers handled the noisy environment. Not sure that they were very accurate through the entire listening range, but the amount of bass those little buggers put out was...
  4. D

Audioholics - Stop Chasing SINAD Distortion in Audio Amplifiers

I get what he's saying in chasing SINAD or using SINAD as a sole determining factor of amplifier performance, but conversely with today's technology there's no real reason to compromise on SINAD other than for the art of the design.
  5. D

DSD

Don't you need digital speakers for DSD? I know that you need a high def antenna to get over the air HD :)
  6. D

Best low-cost used smartphone for Qobuz streaming?

LG G7 works great as a media device as it has an 3.5mm out and can take a 512mb ssd for storage. I ran Musicolet for a player on mine. If you can find one of the quad dac versions its a bonus, but my U.S. spec'd phone was great too. Looks like they are $40-$80 on Ebay now.
  7. D

A dedicated preamp in 2023...?

I got rid of my preamp in 2018 and replaced it with my phone, LDAC, and a BT receiver. Haven't missed it yet.
  8. D

Single full range drivers

Well there's still people out there trying to get the last few hp's out of a flathead Ford or an air cooled 1500 Beatle engine. When technology solves most of the problems we turn our engineering into art, and in today's world single drivers are just beautiful art. There's no reason to live...
  9. D

Single full range drivers

I've done single driver and there's no real way to get happy with them; you are either adding a sub or adding a tweeter. Back when clean power and clean sources were hard to come by they made sense.
  10. D

Bose 901 Series VI Active Equalizer Measurements

901s and a Phase Linear 400 would shake the plaster off the dorm room walls! We don't need no education...
  11. D

Kef R Meta Series Release

This is an interesting post!
  12. D

"ESSentielle" DIY Floor Speakers with ESS Heil AMT3, based on MHP project.

I was going down the road of the Bordeaux for the bass module as the design is public (including the CAD drawings) and he has the bass module already separated with a fairly simple ported design. In other words I'm pretty sure that I can build it! Those Daytons are well known for being very...
  13. D

https://meniscusaudio.com/product/bordeaux-loudspeaker-kit/
  14. D

I have a couple of ESS Great Heils and this is the sort of project I was looking at for them. My approach was to use the "bass module" from the Bordeaux kit but I was worried about the crossover point with the Dayton RS225s. The doubt caused me to pause and then never I looped back. Great...
  15. D

Pics you’ve taken,

Zefram Cochrane listening to Magic Carpet Ride with the Vulcans hiding behind the moon! Or it could be Inspiration4 with a load of space tourists heading up the East Coast.
Top Bottom