Recent content by digitalmallrat

1. digitalmallrat

FS: ELAC Debut Reference DBR62 Bookshelf Speaker (single speaker/not selling as a pair)

Selling an individual ELAC Debut Reference DBR-62 bookshelf speaker to be used as a center channel speaker. It's the White Baffle with Oak Cabinet style unit. Also including an ELAC Sensible Speaker Cable that pairs nicely. I have a pair of DBR62s I use in a stereo setup and have been...
  2. digitalmallrat

Pushed my sub until I heard distortion/clipping

Is there a way to tell the difference? I have a NR7100 AVR powering the sub if that helps.
  3. digitalmallrat

I don't think I pushed them that hard. I was running some tests after setting up Dirac and pushed the volume higher on my SVS 3000 Micro. I heard some clipping/distrotion and cut the audio as quickly as I could. Sounds like I shouldn't be too concerned though.
  4. digitalmallrat

Simple question here, if you do push your speakers or sub beyond their limits and hear distortion, how much damage have you actually done? Is it instantaneous or only if you play over prolonged periods?
  5. digitalmallrat

Does a surround sound receiver make sense for stereo content?

I used an Onkyo nr7100 for Dirac and ran a 2.1 setup with it and absolutely loved the sound. Like OP, mostly listen to music but now adding more speakers for the times I watch cinema.
  6. digitalmallrat

Stream or own?

This is me too. I use youtube/bandcamp/soundcloud for new artists and youtubemusic for mainstream content. I have countless amount of purchased content that I basically never listen to. Streaming is just too convenient.
  7. digitalmallrat

Children safety and tower speakers vs. speaker stands

I think I'm going to look into this option! Otherwise I may tether a thin cable around the top of the floorstanders to the wall. I think that should be secure enough and wouldn't bother the speaker.
  8. digitalmallrat

I might have to experiment and see how it sounds... Thanks!
  9. digitalmallrat

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Thanks for the input. I'll save my money. When people go for proper overhead speakers, do they opt for angled ones or overhead ones that point straight down?
  10. digitalmallrat

What is the conesus on wall-mounted speaker stands, or even a wall-mounted shelf that you can put a bookshelf speaker on? They would be out of the reach of children and not a threat of toppeling over, but would they impact sound quality?
  11. digitalmallrat

I definitely agree. Seems like there should be an industry standard for mounting security hardware without potentially damaging the speakers.
  12. digitalmallrat

Very interesting chart ... Thanks for sharing!
Top Bottom