Recent content by digitalfrost

1. digitalfrost

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

Since the DSP/EQ settings were released, I don't consider the DSP cable necessary. A question that I want to post to other IEM manufacturers is rather this: Why don't they release EQ settings meant to improve what is already there?
  2. digitalfrost

A Call For Humor!

3. digitalfrost

Have 4 drivers with 0.97 Qts. What should I make with it?

If you put them into a 12-13l enclosure with a capacitor in front of 300uF, you will get an f3 of 98hz. Red is without capacitor.
  4. digitalfrost

Upsampling 16/44.1 collection a good idea?

I resample everything I have to 48khz. Higher sample rates can be harmful https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html I've personally had issues with high frequency noise causing audible problems, so I actually want to get rid of it. I choose 48khz because it offers some more...
  5. digitalfrost

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

I was inspired by the new Dusk with DSP and made an EQ to get the Quintets close to this. This is the best they ever sounded IMHO. If anyone wants to try I will attach the file.
  6. digitalfrost

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

My ears are different sizes. While in my left ear, bascially anything fits ok, my right ear is somehow much bigger. The XL spring tips were a very good solution that works well for me. But it's kinda strange that they have such a big difference between the L and the XL.
  7. digitalfrost

Was anybody at the Sean Olive talk at CanJam?

https://www.soundguys.com/harman-research-targets-the-bruel-kjaer-5128-112247/
  8. digitalfrost

PEQ and a sound stage

I have found the same thing. While excess phase correction can be benefitial in the bass regions, it also destroys sound stage when applied to higher frequencies. I would advise you to use a tool that can properly control this for your correction. I don't know if REW is capable of this, but...
  9. digitalfrost

A Call For Humor!

I was just about to post this :D
  10. digitalfrost

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

Well it's finally here. Looking forward to the reviews.
  11. digitalfrost

Was anybody at the Sean Olive talk at CanJam?

I traced the lines from the graph.
  12. digitalfrost

A Call For Humor!

As a millenial, I remember when Star Wars came on free TV sometime in the 90s. I was like 6-8 years old which is just perfect to see Star Wars for the first time :D
Top Bottom