Recent content by Digital911

1. D

Yamaha RX-A3080 Review (AVR)

No I haven't read the manual. I will do that. I am going off what Marantz was saying on one of their promo videos.
  2. D

Ok I get all that but with the Yamaha I can run the LCRs in pre outs. So what then is the bonus for using a new gen Marantz or Denon? I still don't get it.
  3. D

Ok that's what I want. So then I'm trying to understand what say a Denon 4800 or Marantz Cinema 50 would do for me in this regard with their ability to shut down these channels. Is it just less distortion to the pre outs as one of the other members suggested?
  4. D

Let me restate that. I didn't mean to say "extra wattage". I meant to say will the onboard amp have more headroom for the remaining onboard speakers (if the LCR channels were pre-outed through external amp) than if the LCR channels were also onboard.
  5. D

Yeah thats for the Denon. But my question is in regards to the Yamaha. I looked in the manual and this info is not present, at least that I could find. I simply want to know if the onboard amp will have extra wattage for the channels that remain directly connected, when running the LCR channels...
  6. D

But does this reserve more power for the reminder of the speakers that are directly connected to the Yamaha if I were running LCR via external amp via Yamaha pre outs and if I were running the remainder of the 7.1.4 system directly through the Yamaha speaker terminals?
  7. D

So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that I will in fact get more power for the remainding speakers connected directly to the A8A, that would have otherwise gone to the LCR channels that are now running via pre outs on an external amp. Is that correct?
  8. D

Can you explain a little more what the difference of say a Yamaha RX-A8A LCR channels running in pre out mode compared to a new Denon 4800 that has the ability to shut down individual channels of the onboard amp. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish with the RX-A8A. I want to run a 7.1.4...
Top Bottom