Recent content by dieselmilk

1. dieselmilk

Adcom Preamplifier and Amplifier need replacement, any suggestions?

Let me know how you like the Vidar 2. It's on my extremely short list for near term replacement of some emotiva gear.
  2. dieselmilk

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Thought this exactly. Loaner sounds like garbage so the power increase tricks you into thinking you made a good purchase.
  3. dieselmilk

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

The guys at PS Audio seem like good dudes but wtf is this?
  4. dieselmilk

Guys, the amp doesn't suck, it's that you have to measure it in a very specific and rigged way to make it look good when it isn't.
  5. dieselmilk

They sound great on speakers that don't need much more than 100-110W. They are rated for 150W into 8ohms but there is a lot of distortion after about 110W. My dad actually tried to run them for a while on his Mirage M3si's, but they are 83db sensitivity and there was no way to get the volume...
  6. dieselmilk

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Not original but still works great!
  7. dieselmilk

I have a USP1 pre and XPA200 in retirement/backup duty.
  8. dieselmilk

I can hear Diana Krall's spitty breath against my eardrum now
  9. dieselmilk

If I had the means, I'd put my old emotiva pre and power amps in new housing and add cosmetic tubes and transformers. I'd try to con a tube listener into auditioning it and can almost hear the buzzwords now. They'd love that "cheap low-fi" amplification more than anything.
  10. dieselmilk

SMSL VMV D3 Review (R2R DAC)

Yea but think of the s o u n d s t a g e and how it's gonna be so wide in someone's review for no reason. Luscious even.
  11. dieselmilk

Just remember everyone, tubes are magic and definitely not ancient and outdated. They not only amplify poorly, they trick you into spending ridiculous money for inferior performance and sound quality. But hey, at least you can get comfort in telling people how much it costs.
  12. dieselmilk

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Anyone can like whatever bike/amp they want. But measureables are measureables. One bike will have better power to weight, acceleration, handling. But you can like something with different characteristics. Every thread devolves into "my opinion is better" however. Where people get screwy is that...
  13. dieselmilk

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Some people can't accept their speakers can't play sounds like they want them to, so it has to be the amp/preamp/phono/DAC that has proven to deliver a clean signal. Nah it magic/$9999 cables/meteorite cable risers that do the trick.
Top Bottom