Recent content by diablo

1. diablo

Break from Tekton Thread

Visiting Americans can always pop into a McDonald's to get a taste of home though. No wait - - they won't let us put all those tasty chemicals in the food here. :D
  2. diablo

Banana plugs driving me bananas

I've had some banana plugs which required a good deal of force on first insertion, though not the same type as the picture. Also had some speaker sockets with very shallow inputs for banana plugs - needed to drill them deeper. :) Though those speakers shouldn't be like that. ??
  3. diablo

A Call For Humor!

Water tower competition, eh? This is the one I get my supply from.
  4. diablo

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I've purchased Dirac Live separately from them before. Though the procedure has changed - you now do it through the new Control Panel software - https://www.minidsp.com/products/plugins/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=421
  5. diablo

I was very impressed with Dirac when I first used it (though that was on a DDRC24). For example I could hear individual voices in a choir, rather than them being mashed together. I later realised the importance of exact timing, which Dirac is good at. I still use Dirac to set timings, even when...
  6. diablo

I have both the standard Flex and the Eight model. When I only had the normal Flex I did some speaker comparisons - though needed to hang the subwoofer off the amps I was using - as of course there weren't enough outputs for a separate sub. So I found some more cash and got the Eight, which is...
  7. diablo

I tested my standard Flex by leaving it on for an hour. It is in a cool room (17C) at the moment - hottest point was 31C. My Flex 8 has been in use all day in a warm room (23C) and the hottest bit of that (underside, near the back) is 35C. I don't understand why yours should get so warm...
  8. diablo

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I did lots of sweeps with REW tis morning. I was impressed with how flat they were in my room - compared to the LS50 Metas they are replacing in that role. If I had done a final sweep after I finished setting them up and had left the microphone in the same place I would check it, but I didn't...
  9. diablo

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I got a pair of Revel M106s first thing this morning. After I got them set up I listened to a few things and noticed the top end seemed a bit tinny. Odd, I thought. So I looked up 'Revel speaker break-in' and came across this thread, pretty much dismissing the idea. My speakers are probably...
  10. diablo

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

I dunno if it is due to climate change but the British weather seems to look like that a lot more often these days. That's been the norm this winter, interspersed with the odd bitter-cold sunny day. :)
  11. diablo

Using the external analogue-digital converter is really no different to using the inbuilt RCA inputs in the 2x4HD - that does the same thing, just inside the one box. So it makes no difference to how you use it. My lounge setup is around a TV in the corner of the room, so I need EQ on my main...
  12. diablo

With the likes of AVS Forum I'd expect it to mainly appeal to Americans, as a fair amount of the speakers and other stuff is actually American and only on sale there. Or that seemed to be the case the last time I visited much.
  13. diablo

I sometimes need analogue in to my Flex Eight. I bought a converter to feed into the SPDIF input - https://www.futureshop.co.uk/blustream-adc11au-analogue-to-digital-audio-converter-adc It seems to work pretty well. The Flex HTx has eight channels and analogue inputs -...
  14. diablo

I'm in Blackpool, England Though I haven't seen the illuminations or stepped on the beach for a few years.
  15. diablo

Harman acquires Roon

That's Radio 3 live, which will currently broadcasting the morning show, which I don't care for, at 96kbps on Roon. I'm now listening to a lunchtime concert from some days ago on BBC Sounds, at 320kbps. I doubt it is worth their while to incorporate that service, even if the BBC would...
Top Bottom