Recent content by devopsprodude

1. D

Planar magnetic cans under 800eur.

Hifiman Sundara are a good option
  2. D

Best headphones for Rock/Metal under $2K

Another vote/recommendation for Sundara cans from me. With EQ they are pretty amazing, especially for the price. I really don't see the point in spending more since they are so good.
  3. D

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

You need to use EQ then or something, I think, because I get superlative results with Sundara cans and X16/A90 stack...an absolute joy to listen to.
  4. D

Finally arrived - Gustard X16 DAC and Topping A90 headphone amp

You really don't gain much by "upgrading" from A30 pro to A90. A30 pro has gobs of power even for balanced cans and way more power than the A90 for unbalanced headphones. Only real reason to upgrade, in my opinion, is if you need the output features of the A90 that aren't available on A30 pro.
  5. D

Nope, I don't think I'd hear a difference either, but I'm happier this way. :D
  6. D

A90 performed better than H16 in Amir's tests. If I was buying today though, I'd get the A30pro. RME ADI-2 was more than I wanted to spend.
  7. D

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Probably not. Once Spotify releases their lossless audio feature, between them and Apple Music, there will be no reason to use Tidal.
  8. D

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

For anyone who was wondering, I got a new Anker USB-C hub with ethernet for the Mac and now everything is working just fine. Ended up not being a problem with the Gustard X16 at all.
  9. D

That's still an endgame stack. In some ways the A30pro is better than the A90, especially for single ended headphones.
  10. D

Gustard x16 roll off fast starting around 8khz

I was having that problem when connected to Macbook Pro with high sample rates set. I don't have any issues at 96000 Hz.
  11. D

The decline and fall of Reflex.

Yeah, I sold off all my camera gear last year and got a new set of pots and pans instead. As you said, smart phones are now good enough for 95% of situations.
  12. D

Hifiman Sundara vs. Ananda layman comparison.

Incorrect. Sundara without EQ preference score 92 https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3fza1a4kmmy4vr/Hifiman%20Sundara%20%282020%20revised%20earpads%29.pdf?dl=0 Ananda without EQ preference score 82 https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1wivpf8901uflr/Hifiman%20Ananda.pdf?dl=0 And it's not like the Ananda's...
  13. D

Yeah, this is happening with a USB B to USB C cable and with a USB A to B cable going into USB C hub.
  14. D

Upgrading to Big Sur didn't solve the problem. MacOS...X16 just isn't showing up as a USB device no matter what I do now. I'll check later to see if it works when connected to Windows or an iPhone.
  15. D

Intel based 2019 16" Macbook Pro. No, no other problems with the computer. Upgrading to Big Sur now to see if that helps at all.
Top Bottom