Recent content by Desmo

1. D

Does it make sense to recommend integrated amps any more?

Look for anything with a tape monitor function (not record) or something with a pre-out and a power in. In europe on of the best budget options is the Audiolab 6000A or 6000A play. It has a pre-out and a power in. The DAC inside it is not bad either.
  2. D

Polk R200, Investigation Re: I am very Disappointed with Dull non HiFi sound.

Here is a Czech website that does measurements too. They also measured the R500, R600 and the L600. https://www.hifi-voice.com/testy-a-recenze/reprosoustavy-regalove/3328-polk-audio-reserve-r200
  3. D

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Could any of the more technical guys explain to me how to read the vertical directivity? I'am interested in the 12.4. That is a rather tall speaker and I would be sitting below the tweeter with the speaker about 3 meters away.
  4. D

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Here is a YouTube video with an inside look of the Polk R200.
  5. D

That is not a bad test at all. Seems like a strange comparison but I'am really contemplating between the Polk R600 and the Buchardt S400. Both good measuring speakers with a solid low end. I have speakerstands and enough room to move them around..
  6. D

Dynaudio new Emit series

Dynaudio has renewd his Emit budget series. I really like the Emit 50. A proper 3 way with a midrange driver. Goes for € 999 a piece in Europe. https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/emit
  7. D

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

Thanks for the info. Was really curious about that. I like the "all in one solution" of the denon with Audyssey.
  8. D

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

Do you run double subs with your Denon? If so. Does the Denon do a good job with that?
  9. D

Any issues when pairing Purifi or Hypex class D amps with home cinema AVR?

Do all the NC252MP based amplifiers have the same input sensitivity? The Audiophonics MPA-s250NC RCA has 3.2V. So that is double for the Denon.
  10. D

Any issues when pairing Purifi or Hypex class D amps with home cinema AVR?

Something like this? https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/edge-a2-300?technical
  11. D

A couple of reviewers weren's sure either so they contacted Polk. The designer confirmed that they are 2.5 way. That beeing said. I can't find the crossover information either. Maybe worth investigating further.
  12. D

I don't really know what the difference is. The above Kali IN-5 has a maximum recommendend listening distance of 2.2 meters. Adam Audio has monitors for near, mid and farfield listening. And I would think a nearfield monitor is designed to work close together where farfield monitors are designed...
  13. D

I see this often on ASR. The measurements of a nearfield monitor are used as competition to the measurements of a farfield monitor. It always confuses me a bit. Seems to me that a nearfield montor has a completely different use than a farfield monitor.
  14. D

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amp & EQ (Part 1)

I have a question for the experts. Could the low SINAD become a problem in the Lyngdorf TDAi-1120? It has a lower power ouput of 2 x 120 W RMS @ 4Ohm / 2 x 60 W RMS @ 8Ohm. So you would be driving the amplifier harder than the TDAi-3400 on louder volumes.
Top Bottom