Recent content by DeruDog

1. D

Analysis paralysis

The great thing about this reply is that is how I have my listening room/home Thayer set up. I even built BMR Philharmonitors last year with a center channel. It sounds amazing. Just trying to figure out what to do with the apartment. Ideally no big ugly AVR, but I might be resigned to that...
  2. D

Analysis paralysis

Room EQ would definitely be nice but not sure whether I should lean in on that up front or save my money. It seems there are mixed opinions on whether great Spinorama results make up for what would be added by Room correction. I ask myself what will be best in this room with windows, open on...
  3. D

Analysis paralysis

I really like this idea. Thanks! I had not been thinking about those Fosi amps.
  4. D

Analysis paralysis

It is a question I have been asking myself. We will only be at the apartment part of the time so will I really be listening critically there? I have a treated room at our house for that when not at the apartment. At the apartment I will have more time, though. So time will tell. It is a...
  5. D

Bluesound Node slow / inacurate HDMI ARC + trigger out function on AppleTV

I have thoughts about a similar setup, but with the Bluesound Amp. Do you notice any lip-sync issues when watching the TV? I have seen complaints with bluesound and Sonos in this area.
  6. D

Analysis paralysis

I am feeling the same way about room correction. I have not set up a room like this, but assume it will make a big difference. Considering the Mini-DSP with actives or some passive solution ... and I have used Denon quite a lot and really like it. If there was a reciever without the amps but...
  7. D

Analysis paralysis

I have the same thoughts on the Genelec look, especially compared to KEF. Also, separates get expensive and active speakers in general make a more clean look. Another debate of mine is whether to do the LSX with room correction or the LS50. LS50 might be overkill for that little room.
  8. D

Analysis paralysis

First of all I did not know where to hang this, so this is my first shot. I will move this discussion elsewhere if that is better. I am occupying a new apartment and really don’t know where to start with audio: I have a blank slate. The Livingroom is fairly small, at about 12x12 with 8’...
  9. D

BMR Philharmonitor with Curved Cabinets

All finished. I did Audyssey this morning and some listening in 2Ch with subs. Audyssey crossed them at 40 Hz and I upped that to 80 to match surrounds. They sound really great for music: Tidal through an Apple TV. For TV I found that the center channel is almost distractingly clear. I will...
  10. D

Update. Putting together the left and right cabinets.
  11. D

Thanks. I had assumed the only issue might be the baffle-step which is why I rounded the narrow side of the baffle as well, to match the long sides.
  12. D

Yes. It’s the center channel so actually the speaker is on its side here. The other two will be vertical for left and right channels. This is how the designer recommends making a center channel.
  13. D

One speaker done. Looks good and all drivers are working. Now to get to the next two.
  14. D

Still working away. I have one baffle cut. Will finish up the first speaker before doing the other two. The crossovers are done too so I am ready to screw those in and wire them up.
Top Bottom