Recent content by Derkkk

1. D

What would you choose? Benchmark x2 or ATI Hypex based or Apollon Purifi / NC1200SL based

I see what you did hahah I wasn’t paying attention who did the review. Great review Kal. I’m yearning to listen to the Perlisten S7t’s. Worst part is they were at the Florida expo but I was out of town so I missed them. Can’t say an expo is always a great listen anyway but would have been cool...
  2. D

What would you choose? Benchmark x2 or ATI Hypex based or Apollon Purifi / NC1200SL based

For me the consideration is more price to be honest because I honestly feel like all of these perform equally well in terms of noise and anything else I’m not sure I’d notice. So, then I considered head room as I love high dynamic music and learned recently how much power you really need in...
  3. D

Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

If the SMPS1200A700 runs at 85v why isn't that PSU utilized? Seems odd if Purifi, for what ever reason, whether its other specs or even just what plugs are utilized to connect the power supply to the module that they would utilize or require a PSU to be used that doesn't leverage the full...
  4. D

Perfect! That makes way more sense to my head. Starting to get the picture now. I did not know this even about the 400 module. Ahhhh not much at all. Dont blame you! Yeah i see that now I just needed what you posted above. My brain wasn't processing it. Makes way more sense now. Noted. Maybe...
  5. D

So am I correct in saying there is no current PSU that will allow the new amp to run at its full potential? From what you said above about anything higher than 3.3ohms with an identical power supply between the two amps wont have a difference in power. So, is there any combination to get the...
  6. D

Do you think or has it been discussed that Purifi will make their own PSU's? Maybe because of the specs of this amp they'll make their own PSU's finally? I'm Also curious if running two of the Hypex PSU's would solve this but sounds like it wont. Then there is other companies using traditional...
  7. D

Count me in on this. I'm confused as well on the ratings. I really want to get Boxem Monos with the new amps but if they aren't going to benefit me in anyway for some 4ohm speakers then what's the point really. Id rather have the beautiful compact stereo unit he makes now. After looking at all...
  8. D

You pretty much answered my suspicion. I figured I might not be able to tell the difference between them all. Again I’ve been pretty set on benchmarks for a while but after reading a lot of the threads on here and doing some of my own digging the class D stuff is making me itch for something...
  9. D

I've been looking through a few of brands that use Purifi for their amps and I have to say, I may just end up buying one benchmark, as well as a nice little small BoXem purifi Class D and try both out for myself. If I end up liking the BoXem then I'll have a nice little class D at only about...
  10. D

:facepalm: how on earth did i miss that... Ive read that review a few more times than Id like to admit and somehow I missed he was using Benchmark amps.
  11. D

Yes I have lots of room. I make my own stands for my stuff so no issue there. You do have a point though a lot of the Mac stuff is pretty big. Even the entry level stuff I have is quite a large foot print. Now that Im looking at my stand Id probably make another one that's about the size of a...
  12. D

Yeah thats what I was wondering really. Never have heard class D and like most of you know in the years past class D was very much scoffed at for hifi stuff. So, now that I see how much it's improved I of course want to see what it's all about. Who knows maybe I will get the Benchmarks as I've...
  13. D

Thank you for your input! That's part of the reason my dad has stuck with McIntosh all these years, he enjoys the sounds (they do sound great) and the resale value usually is fantastic on Mac gear. Being he passed them down to me I don't plan to ever get rid of them. Its funny that you have the...
  14. D

You along with a few others in different threads have recommended the purifi regardless of me mentioning the Hypex based amps. Is it the general consensus that the Purifi is better than the Hypex equivalent?
  15. D

Well if they couldn't reach 120db with very little distortion then THX wouldn't have given them the Dominus rating. It does sound crazy though because really it is. They're the first towers to ever do so which is why im drawn to them. It just tells me that regardless of the level I want to...
Top Bottom