Recent content by Dentin

1. D

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

The issue is more that the DCA Stealth is missing its top octave. Reminder that the Harman target is only explicitly specified up to 10 kHz and that religiously following the curve past that is a terrible idea
  2. D

Resolution, speed, do these things really exist?

Lower and upper harmonics are clearly things that exist, and headphones/IEMs said to be fast like Focal's open-backs, everything by Stax, Hifiman's HEK series, and the Empire Ears Odin have boosted upper midrange or lower treble that emphasize the former and de-emphasize the latter. Having the...
  3. D

On Group Delay and Spatial Effects

The 9 kHz group delay spike is caused by some sounds bouncing off the pinna before entering the ear canal, which causes phase cancellation and creates a pinna notch in the upper treble response. Rtings already measured how pinna interaction changes with speaker positioning and found that...
  4. D

Need to know whether a DAC/amp will hiss with my sensitive IEMs—how to interpret Amir's measurements?

I own 115 dB/mW sensitivity Andromeda IEMs and 94 dB/mW sensitivity Sundara headphones, so I'm searching for a reasonably-priced battery-powered portable DAC/amp with a ~1 ohm output impedance, respectable power output, and a noise floor low enough (-110 dBv is ideal according to what I've read)...
  5. D

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

Could you try comparing the two DACs' current draw levels under various loads and output levels? I'd be interested in learning how efficient the DACPort HD is for mobile usage, both when used with sensitive IEMs and with harder-to-drive headphones.
Top Bottom