Recent content by dennnic

1. dennnic

How to share a transformer

I've ordered it as a 9v center tapped (+9/0/-9), I've just reorganized wires to get one 9volt secondary. From there, the idea was to use multiple devices with separate regulation. Edit: 1/3rd - I was told to chose the transformer, which secondary supplies three times the maximum current that...
  2. dennnic

Those are some huge numbers! In order to dissipate 7 watts, it would have required liquid nitrogen cooling solution. One more thing regarding to junction to case parameter, since it poses the biggest factor. Texas instruments have two variants of lm317 - KCT with junction to case of 50 and KCS...
  3. dennnic

Active crossover types

By the way, I don't think it's just a fixed amount of 'latency' involved. As far as I remember, only the first order (6dB / octave) sets the 45 degrees between drivers. Shouldn't higher slopes have uneven latency, relative to the crossover point?
  4. dennnic

Active crossover types

I suppose you're referring to 12 dB/Oct filters. Do you have any schematics laying around and are you willing to share it? Have you ever tried linearizing the crossover phase response, for an example with a convolution filter and then switch back and forth? I'd be curious to hear the results...
  5. dennnic

After reading more and more about it, I decided to do just that. Use a stock smps for raspberry and save the transformer for a linear PSU for a spdif converter board on top of the pie. It shouldn't draw more that 200mA. By the way, if a regular needs to dissipate 1.5 - 2 watts, how big of a...
  6. dennnic

Active crossover types

I take it your phrase 'no opamps do not degrade' means they don't make an audible difference. I went with a mini dsp product, but I really wanted something that doesn't produce a completely new signal. Still in the works, a basic 2way xover. So far, 7 op amps, but I might ditch last two (output...
  7. dennnic

Proper way to ground and loop breakers

Wouldn't a transformer stay in the way of stray/fault current reaching the circuit breaker panel?
  8. dennnic

Proper way to ground and loop breakers

Thanks for the suggestion, looks like a worthwhile reading, I will look into it.
  9. dennnic

No, I meant 6000 to 8000 uF total. The thought behind was that load might draw more from the capacitors and stress (not melt) regulators less during current peaks.
  10. dennnic

Plus it makes for a fun project :)
  11. dennnic

Dual rail 15 volt is for analogue, an electronic crossover. Everything else is digital, the hat is just a separately powered spidif out. I've ordered PCBs for regulators, but they are rated to 1.5-2amps. The problem is getting devices shipped to this part of the world ... It would be best to...
  12. dennnic

My Bad, +/-15v secondaries are rated at 1 amp, the load on them would be just 7 op amps. There's both a thermal fuse inside (forgot it's rating) and a thermal switch glued on the side of the transformer. Reason for all of this writing really is - I've read on several sources that secondary...
  13. dennnic

That's would be it, yes.
  14. dennnic

No, it's custom ordered... I did get a better look at it now: 100 VA toroidal with electrostatic shield, out of which one secondary is rated at 1 amp at +/-15V (center tapped). Other two secondaries are rated at 9v at 3.8 amps. Four output regulators needed - two for +/-15v crossover, one for...
  15. dennnic

Well, yes, but I suspect it's going to have overheating problems way before. I don't know what's the recommended procentual usage of a transformer, in order to get decent performance. So far I've tried just Lm317 with 2-3 volts of input-output difference. I usually put another resistor...
Top Bottom