Recent content by Dennis_FL

1. Dennis_FL

FS/US: Buckeye 2-Channel Hypex NC252MP w/Auto On, Trigger

Buckeye 2-Channel Hypex NC252MP Built 8/22 and used sparingly. Great deal. - Power cord - XLR inputs (Neutrik) - Mogami wiring - 12v trigger - Auto On Asking $430 includes domestic shipping with insurance.
  2. Dennis_FL

A Closet Discovery

That's a lot. Buckeye in standby is 0.14 watts
  3. Dennis_FL

A Closet Discovery

I just found the right cables and got the new setup up and running with the 35 year old B&K class A amp. Sounds great. Maybe a touch better than the Buckeye NC252MP - ---hard to tell.
  4. Dennis_FL

A Closet Discovery

I would want to sell one of them. Not sure which at this point. The Buckeye is the newer design and sounds great. When I hook up the B&K I'll see if it is a winner (My balanced cables aren't long enough - need to order some.)
  5. Dennis_FL

A Closet Discovery

I was cleaning a closet and found an old amplifier I thought I had sold. It's a B&K 125.2 with balanced and unbalanced inputs and rated highly in it's day. I'm thinking of replacing my Buckeye Class D with it. It looks in mint condition and I will soon find out if it works. A problem is...
  6. Dennis_FL

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Ever hear of the Streisand Effect? Tekton is bringing attention to themselves and maybe would be better off doing nothing.
  7. Dennis_FL

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

Wow. I didn't even know it existed. I bought an Allo hat for mine.
  8. Dennis_FL

Confessions of a Music Listener

A few years back, I had a 7.2.2 Monitor Audio Gold setup with Atmos speakers on top of my fronts and it was a yawner. Sonos has hit a home run with the ERA 300's and Arc combo, albeit a little pricey and it is a night and day difference compared to my previous attempt. It is a room filling...
  9. Dennis_FL

Confessions of a Music Listener

I have three ways of enjoying music. One is the traditional stereo setup where I spent the most money (Roon --> DAC + Amp + 2+1 speakers). Then I have an A/V setup in another room with a TV + Sonos Arc + Era 300 surrounds and a Sonus Sub where I can not only watch movies with Atmos...
  10. Dennis_FL

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

Seems the world is going to Atmos (or spacial audio as Apple calls it) and even putting speakers in non-traditional spots (eg Dolby Atmos FlexConnect). I had that problem in my typical Florida home with an open floor plan, tile floors and hurricane resistant walls and roof (running wires is...
  11. Dennis_FL

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Equalization for rooms and speakers/headphones.
  12. Dennis_FL

Is Volumio the best 'streamer freeware'?

I still have roon (also running it on a Mac Mini with a NAS Synology music database) but I'm thinking of ditching it and going back to JRiver. I have one Pi4 as a Roon end point and one Pi4 as a Home Assistant --- The Pi5 is for just for testing now.
  13. Dennis_FL

Did you try JRiver on a headless Pi4? I use VNC to access my Pi's but also some Mac Minis and laptops and they are all a little laggy. But, yes, Jriver on a Pi is laggy.
  14. Dennis_FL

Ropiee is my choice. It has DLNA (JRiver), Airplay 1 & 2 (Apple), Squeezelite, Spotify Connect, HQplayer, Plexamp, and it’s a Roon endpoint. I have a hat on the Pi for Toslink output and can easily output any of the above via USB or optical. pretty bulletproof as well. I haven’t tried it on...
  15. Dennis_FL

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Venice, Florida
Top Bottom