Recent content by Dennis_FL

1. D

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Your Cleveland orchestra data point is something I will remember...(I used to live in Akron and when I saw them it was in the outdoor summer concerts). I never thought of doing that....
  2. D

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

Build issues...no. Sound quality - fantastic. I have the X16 for a few months now. The high rate of returns was almost certainly the firmware update needed is not a simple download....but requires disassembling the unit and using some programming tools. I did the update myself but...
  3. D

I said the same thing and someone pointed this out
  4. D

I concluded yes --- but I'm in a 10x10 ft room
  5. D

I was thinking of doing just that. I'm currently using unbalanced RCA output to a preamp and then to an AB amp. I have some XLR cables and I would love to eliminate the preamp (my amp and DAC both have balanced connections). My sub has high level inputs so maybe I'll test that today. I...
  6. D

The amp is last in the chain, and I for one want it to be taking the analog output of my expensive DAC and not messing with it. Why fool around with DSPs at this stage? That requires AD and DA chips. Better to do DSP upstream IMHO.
  7. D

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

no...not loud Mostly classical music ...but need dynamic range
  8. D

10x10 ft room (speakers on wall, listening chair other wall. Currently the sub is behind the listening chair against the wall. If I get rid of my big amp and component rack, I'd put the sub next to the LS50s against the wall where I can see the standby LED. I have Roon/Gustard X16 as the...
  9. D

I had ordered the PA5 yesterday and cancelled today. Got nervous. I'm at 2.2 meters from the speakers. I had run through similar calls with the JBL on-line calculator. Currently have a 65 pound 200W/ch AB amp and would love to replace it with the book sized PA5 so no problem with...
  10. D

I bought the metas a while back and have been following the reviews as well. Also got the KEF 62 sub. Was wondering if the Topping PA5 would be a good fit for these speakers.
  11. D

I had a hard time finding it also.....they are 1/4" TRS stereos
  12. D

I don't understand. Does this mean I can skip a preamp and go directly from the DAC balanced output?
  13. D

I'm shaking my head because, unless I was dreaming, I saw the 5.7/7.7 rating with the LS50 (without meta). Either it was changed or I was looking in a different database.
  14. D

I thought the scores for LS50 were actually the meta...?
  15. D

I was looking here https://sites.google.com/view/speaker-data/speakers/preference-ratings-graphs
Top Bottom