Recent content by dehati_paul

1. D

PEQ device - DSP capability question

So to summarize that ADI-2 is doing a lot more than PEQ is consuming a lot of the DSP power, whereas smaller devices focus on a narrower set of functions. Thanks a lot!
  2. D

PEQ device - DSP capability question

Hello everyone, I always had this nagging question, which I am hoping some of you can help me address. How come the PEQ/DSP capability of RME ADI-2 Pro, which is more expensive, is limited to 5 or 7 bands, whereas smaller devices such as Qudelix 5K and some of the Fiio products offer much more...
  3. D

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Thanks for the clarification!
  4. D

I am okay with the bitdepth upsampling (and I understand the requirements). My main question was related to sample rate upsampling. Is that needed, can be avoided?
  5. D

@mdsimon2 Maybe this has been asked already - but does CamillaDSP resample everything to 96khz internally for applying DSP? I think earlier you referred to an analysis, which suggested the benefit of resampling to 96khz over 48khz. But is there an automated option to keep the entire flow at the...
  6. D

Budget Standalone "Toslink > DSP > Toslink" with Camilladsp. Set up instructions for newbies.

Hi MarcosCH - This is super helpful and exactly what I have been looking for, where the output and internal processing bitrate and sampling frequency matches that of the inputs (miniDSP upsamples everything). Three questions before I take the plunge: 1. Have you found out a simultaneous...
  7. D

RME ADI-2 Pro as digital DSP

Thanks for the response, and sorry for the double posting. Will follow up on RME forum.
  8. D

Thanks for the headroom info. Considering I am using the RME ADI-2 Pro with digital inputs (coax) and analog outputs (XLR) (changed from the original topic, after forum member suggestions), what I still don't understand (even after reading the manual), is 1. How do the ref levels affect...
  9. D

(also posted this on RME ADI-2 forum) I have finally set up the RME ADI-2 Pro as DAC (got rid of the external DAC), and now my setup is Sonos spdif coax -> RME ADI-2 Pro (with PEQ) XLR -> Topping A-90 -> headphones Now the questions that have been bothering me, and I am sure you can clarify...
  10. D

Thanks a million! AutoEQ has been a lifesaver. In Python mode, I was able to select the number of bands (5). Though the final curve is not perfect, it's close to what I can live with.
  11. D

I am using the external DAC, because I already had it. Will do a comparison, and will probably get rid of it. Yesterday, I spent some quality time setting up the EQ for my three headphones and what I found seriously limiting is the 5-band PEQ. Oratory1990 suggested settings are 10 bands (his...
  12. D

Between this forum and the RME forum that digital volume is unavoidable to manage the DSP headroom. I guess the best approach is as you suggested, i.e. apply EQ and then reduce the volume to avoid clipping and then lock. I am using LKS Digital Audio DAC (dual ESS9038Pro), which I am assuming...
  13. D

Hi - I have recently purchased an RME ADI-2 Pro with the purpose to use it as a digital DSP. The chain: spdif coax in (from Sonos) -> RME ADI-2 Pro (only as DSP) (spdif coax out) -> DAC -> AMP I know I can use the RME ADI-2 Pro as DAC, but I'd prefer to use it only as digital DSP. So my...
Top Bottom