Recent content by DeepFried

1. DeepFried

How loud do you normally have your music?

I do wonder what the differential would be between how loud people think they're listening to music at, and how loud it actually is.
  2. DeepFried

Recommendation for closed back headphones

oh yes, I love my DT770's but only with EQ, without the treble causes me actual pain. They're just so comfortable to wear though, so I wont give them up so long as EQ is an option.
  3. DeepFried

Windows 11 must be stopped

Obviously, you do you, if you want to run an unsupported OS that's entirely your prerogative. I'd just suggest that you do absolutely want to keep your browser up to date, and if that stops getting support on win7 it may be time to reconsider (a quick google search says you have about 6 months...
  4. DeepFried

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

Someone may have said it already, but if you're going to EQ then why not just get the cheapest? the HD600 or HD6XX if you can get them will EQ to Harman just as well as the 660s
  5. DeepFried

What is it that makes the 598's sound so much better than every other headphones I've tried?

I also found the HD598s to be quite enjoyable, they have quite a bit of mid/upper bass warmth and just enough low treble to pull out some detail so that they don't sound dark but without any sharpness or sibilance. Depending on music genre it can be a very pleasant sound signature. I think...
  6. DeepFried

Help! In need of AIO solution

similar to the EX5? Loxjie D40: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/loxjie-d40-review-dac-hp-amp.31040/ Sabaj A10d 2022 https://hifi-express.com/products/sabaj-a10d-2022-v
  7. DeepFried

Ringing in ears, how to EQ it out.

I'm not going to give you any authoritative answer, but I think its true that certain frequencies can be tinnitus triggers, varying from person to person. So I suppose in theory you could EQ down those frequencies to avoid the trigger? I do have to mild tinnitus myself that comes and goes, but...
  8. DeepFried

Thinking of replacing my E30/L30 combo

its not really what you're looking for so perhaps put it in the 'honorable mentions' category, but I love my little Fiio K3. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-fiio-k3-dac-amp.6859/ It doesn't have enough power for most audiophile headphones...
  9. DeepFried

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Assuming they sound the same as the QC35 II, then yes they sound dark to my ear. I literally don't use them for listening to music, I don't think they're 'audiophile' grade at all. they're just a very practical, noise cancelling BT headphone that doesn't sound bad, and thats good enough for...
  10. DeepFried

No access to amplifier forum? - 2

this is curious. I'm using a few versions of Firefox and i'm not seeing this issue at all. 91.8.0esr (64bit linux) 99.0.1 (64bit linux) 98.3.0 (android) 99.0 (64bit windows) Running ublock origin on them all, but have tried turning it off.
  11. DeepFried

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

yeah its a bit of a nightmare. Most swear by pipewire these days but never used it myself, currently using an ALSA/Pulse/Jack realtime stack with jack mixer and Carla with LSP plugins. The LSP plugins are fantastic so thoroughly recommend them, Jack is also pretty great compared to just pluse...
  12. DeepFried

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

28% Linux users? astounding. Desktop Linux prevalence is supposed to be about 2% or similar so very over represented here. Or perhaps Linux users are just more likely to respond to the poll :D I have Manjaro on my main computer, Debian on my laptop and Raspberry PI's.
  13. DeepFried

DT 990 pros Vs TYGR 300rs Vs HD 599 Vs DT 880 Editions

be aware that those bayerdynamics have what I affectionately refer to as 'murder treble'. To my ear they need to be EQ'd to be usable. The HD599 is good to go as is, though it has a boost in the lower mids if I recall that some don't like.
  14. DeepFried

If all headgear transducers were to be tuned the same, would it actually hurt the userbase?

you're assuming all headphones can be tuned to match a frequency response curve. Perhaps they can with the right technology, metamaterials and so on, but certainly the traditional model of a cup (with or without damping) a dynamic driver (with or without damping) and pads can only do so much.
  15. DeepFried

Some inconvenient stories about Spotify

"If one believes in free markets and competition" without qualification? just "believing" in a simple free market to function perfectly via competition with no regulation, by some undefined capitalist magic? then no, I do not believe in free markets and competition.
Top Bottom