Recent content by decoRyder

1. decoRyder

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

I find that a stable, noise-free power supply makes a difference for any DAC - if you want to give the Modius an 'upgrade', run it off a 5V Lithium-Ion power pack, or better yet - get a linear dedicated power supply. To what extent that matters is debatable - I think it does - there's a reason...
  2. decoRyder

I use the Modius with a dedicated, linear power supply and RCA outs on a PuriFi/Eigentakt amp, and a DYI tube preamp - all of that feeding a set of very, very revealing Polk R 200's. Sounds absolutely brilliant, and I own a lot of gear to compare it with. I don't listen to headphones, ever -...
  3. decoRyder

Odd problem with the SMSL DA-9 Amplifier

I did try the ferrite core - didn't work. I came up with a solution though, very hackish but I'll post it here anyway, in case someone else has the same problem: I had a better quality step-up transformer flying about, hooked that up to my filtered main power supply, and attached the DA-9 to...
  4. decoRyder

I have a very difficult environment - bridged/meshed setups are unfortunately out of the question, since I have too much interference from neighboring devices, and the powergrid relay station across the street. I get about 120-140 Mb/s using powerline, which is absolutely sufficient - it's just...
  5. decoRyder

The powerline ethernet adapter is indeed very close to the DA-9, and I have no way to remedy that - thanks for the insight, much appreciated.
  6. decoRyder

The DA-9 is actually hooked up to a power conditioner, and the power cord has a ferrite choke... I tried any which way, as long as the DA-9 sits on the same phase as my powerline ethernet adapters it will kill the signal and performance.
  7. decoRyder

I got this amp not too long ago, and I think it's a great amp for the money. However, when I connect it throughput on my powerline ethernet will drop by about 75%, and the powerline ethernet adapters will frequently lose connectivity to other adapters and re-initiate the handshake process. The...
  8. decoRyder

SMSL SA400 Review (Power Amplifier)

I wonder if the "resonant LLC switching power supply" is the same or similar to what's used in the SMSL DA-9 amplifier? That amp destroys my powerline ethernet throughput, dropping throughput by about 75%...
  9. decoRyder

Polk Legend L800 Tower Measurements

I just got the r200's, and I like them better than my ELAC Debut Ref. 6.2's - I hope that Amir will get to review them.
  10. decoRyder

Environmental impact of our hobby

While your attitude is commendable, contrast that with the enormous needs in terms of electrical capacity we need and currently don't have for the purpose of electrifying even a fraction of our vehicles on the road, as we move from oil based to electric vehicles. HiFi gear won't make a...
  11. decoRyder

I just got the Schiit Modius, and for anyone wanting a Denafrips Ares II, but not being able to get one for whatever reason: Having replaced an Ares II with the Modius, I can't hear a difference between the two; they sound identical to me. While the Modius and the Ares II sound very different...
  12. decoRyder

Baseless? I think it clearly stated my claim earlier, and as such I've not seen it proven, or disproven. If anything the measurements I've seen in the deltawave thread seem to substantiate what I'm claiming.
  13. decoRyder

Yep, DYI - it's nothing special, those Kits can be had on amazon or Ebay for maybe 120 bucks. I built/bought this one maybe 10 years ago, and it's one of the very few pieces I still use on a daily basis.
  14. decoRyder

Daily Driver in my HomeOffice:)
Top Bottom