Recent content by deadchip12

1. D

Should I replace my center speaker: from jbl stage a125c to polk s30?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Actually I don't find the dialogue coming from the center unintelligible at all. Most if not everything sounds clear and pretty damn good overall to my ears. It's just that I read Amir's review and he seems to have nothing good to say about this center speaker, so I...
  2. D

Should I replace my center speaker: from jbl stage a125c to polk s30?

Silly me not reading the review of the jbl stage a125c and just purchased it thinking it would timbre match the fronts (which are the jbl stage a130s, bought after good reviews by Amir and other reviewers). Now I recently came to this forum to check and the jbl seems to receive a terrible review...
  3. D

New setup with svs sub. Need advice on sub placement.

Hi guys. I recently purchased an svs pb-1000 pro subwoofer. Below are the pictures of my 5.1.4 setup (the chair is the main listening position - MLP). My avr is denon x3700h. I ran Audyssey calibration with the sub's own volume set at -19db (initially I set it at -15db - which translated to 50%...
  4. D

How to know if the in-ceiling speakers are wired correctly without having to remove them from the ceiling to check?

It is a 5.1.4 dolby atmos setup. The 4 in-ceiling speakers are what I want to check.
  5. D

How to know if the in-ceiling speakers are wired correctly without having to remove them from the ceiling to check?

As the title says. I had someone else installed the in-ceiling speakers for me and I forgot to check whether he correctly connected the positive wire to the positive terminal and the negative wire to the negative terminal (maybe simple, I know, but anyone can make any mistake anytime). Say if he...
  6. D

My cable length and thickness worries me

I thought the service in the US is way better though, so there will be no counterfeit cables in the first place? Actually I didn't talk to them face to face but only via chat. Here in my country if a store tries to pull off a deceit like this, since there is little consumer protection unlike in...
  7. D

Well don't give them too much credit haha. They tried to deny it at first but after I provided the proofs from the one and only Sommer authorized seller in the country, they accepted defeat. I think I will settle for the 16awg. I really don't want to spend more money on this setup as it gave me...
  8. D

So I contacted the local audio shop and provided all the proofs that the cable is fake. They checked, admitted the cable was fake, apologized and told me they would come to collect the fake cables and repay me twice the amount of money that I paid them for the cable. So now I have around $150 to...
  9. D

Sigh I'm not in the US, otherwise I will be willing to pay well above $78 for that 200ft 8ga cable lol
  10. D

At this point I'm more worried about the authenticity and so the quality of this cable I got. Apparently it's not from Sommer, which is a brand from Germany, yet it says "Sommer" on the cable and also "Made in Germany". I will send an email to Sommer and confirm if this is indeed a counterfeit...
  11. D

Per my estimation it will probably cost me roughly 350 dollars to switch to a 80m 14awg non-fake Sommer cable. Not sure if that's worth the increase in sound quality. My speakers are not top tier as you can see above, my room is not treated acoustically either - so basically not a perfect setup...
  12. D

Here are the best pictures I can take. Seems like pure copper, but the strand is so small so not sure if it shows well enough on camera.
  13. D

Yeah it seems to be indeed 18awg. I have another 16awg cable that I know for sure is from Sommer with the correct logo and text on the cable just like on the Sommer website, and when i compare that to this one, this one is definitely smaller, so yeah 18awg it is.
  14. D

The cables run over the ceiling and I estimated the longest one can be 15-20m. Since the space is small, I'm sitting pretty close to the speakers so I guess I won't listen at very high volumes.
Top Bottom