Recent content by dazedandconfused

1. D

Is the Arcam rhead still relevant in 2022

Well, to answer my own original question. The SMSL HO200 is an upgrade. MUsically they're very similar as good amps should be but there's an extra prescence in the SMSL and more attack. Definitely a noticeable improvement. I'm almost glad the Arcam failed now.
  2. D

Well, after 4.5 years and I only paid £135 for it then, my Arcam rHead has finally died. It still plays audio but has a repetitive beep on the left channel at all times. Just ordered an SMSL HO200. I've got the DO100 DAC but I'm going for the extra power, true balanced output and pre outs of...
  3. D

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

They complement my Denon AH-D7200 closed back so I'll be keeping them and I can't part with my Custom Fostex T50Rp but the DT770's are going and I think the Sundara's might go as well. I'll keep the HD560s for work.
  4. D

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Just got my HD650's today. Wish i'd bought some 9 years ago (When I first got into headphones) :)
  5. D

The difference between the Denon 5200 and AKG K371

A major factor is the design and capabilities of the driver. I have 5 different headphones all EQ'd to the Crinnacle settings from Auto EQ which should put them as close to each other as they are possible to get and while mosty the sounds are similar there are still definite differences. I agree...
  6. D

Tried them with the Mojo now and I wouldn't say better than the DO100/rHead combo but different. The Mojo is the more musical, the other stack is more detailed. Love both combos
  7. D

I think you've got a broken one in your closet then.
  8. D

I've got the Ah-D 7200 and with Crinnacles EQ from Auto EQ and an SMSL DO100 feeding into an Arcam rHead they are absolutely wonderful. I can just lose myself in the music. I find out tomorrow what they sound like off a Chord Mojo
  9. D

"Why do you think you need more power?" - I was looking at the position of the volume control (75% on quiter stuff) with my Sundara's and thinking about possible future upgrades to more power hungry headphones, but following your comment I decided to try and see if I could turn it full. I hadn't...
  10. D

I currently have an Arcam rHead but am thinking about a change. Wouldn't want to spend more than about £500 so I wondered can the Arcam be bettered now in 2022? I'd like a bit more power and perhaps even balanced output rather than just balanced input but i'd also want an improvement in the...
  11. D

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Today, it's my Christopher Ward C63 Sealander. It's not as big as it looks, the guy in the picture must have a proper skinny wrist. It's 39mm.
  12. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Non taken. The Beresford replaced an SMSL Sanskrit 6th and was an improvement on that so I always thought I'd got a good dac there. I only recently discovered Amir's review of the Beresford which was partially what got me looking. I think I'll go advertise it for sale on the other place where...
  13. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Only just started listening but I read one review that stated it had a slightly narrow soundstage. I can happily report it's way wider than a Beresford Caiman Seg TC-7535 and makes the Beresford sound thin. Glad in some ways that I held off on an upgrade because it allowed SMSL time to make...
  14. D

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Slight change on this, still have the HE400i but being sold, replaced with Hifiman Sundara and i've added the Denon AH-D7200
  15. D

[owners thread] HIFIMAN HE400i headphones (v. 2016)

Don't know if he ships to US but i've had 3 cables off https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/skyaudiocables?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754 and they all seem great. In fact I've just ordered another on after finally getting round to doing the detachable cable mod on my DT770
Top Bottom