Recent content by DawgSlaya

1. D

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Will there be extra pads for the Stealth available for purchase soon?
  2. D

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

Quick question: with the SP400, bal in/bal out, on low gain and 99 volume, what's the overall gain? Is it at +0 unity gain? Or +6.5db (+6.5db low gain +0 bypassing the relay volume control) Or +6db (+6.5db low gain -0.5db assuming 100 is no relay, but the last step is locked)
  3. D

I imagine headphones placed indoors are subject to a lot less corrosion than airplane wings. In any case Dan Clark Audio has been using aluminum and carbon for a while now, and I haven't heard of any galvanic corrosion issues.
  4. D

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

DSD512 and below work fine. As does all PCM formats.
  5. D

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I've had trouble with making it play DSD1024 through IIS, which the specs said it could do. Topping support said they were working on it 2 months ago, haven't heard back since. Hoping it'll get fixed with a firmware update. It's not a big deal really. There are no DSD1024 content out there...
  6. D

Is this gonna become one of the staples in your headphone listening tests?
  7. D

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

I assume it's measured in the default state. Mine came with nothing inserted. Another thing to note is that the measurements from the dropbox sheet you posted is different from AutoEq's graph, even though AutoEq claims to have gotten the measurements from Oratory1990. I find the dropbox...
  8. D

I just got the C Flow a couple days ago, with the perforated headband pad. I admire the spirit of minimizing the weight as much as possible, but man it is not comfortable for those of us with big heads. When the perforated pad is pushed against the thin headbands, the 2 ridges in the center act...
  9. D

I wonder what group delay for the C Flow looks like. Can't seem to find it online. It makes intuitive sense that the flow tech should help with that, just want to confirm.
  10. D

Headphone stand - suggestions needed!

I like the SilverStone EBA01. You can't adjust the height like the Woo Audio one, but I've never needed that feature. Plus I like the curved look.
  11. D

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

It seems like a simple matter to me: I don't have access to an analog eq, thus I value my digital eq more than whatever this deblur process is that MQA is employing. After all there is a very audible difference with and without headphone corrections.
  12. D

WANTED: okto research dac8 Stereo

Looking for an okto research dac8 Stereo. Willing to pay $1500 for it. Any color, with or without streaming. Thank you
Top Bottom