Recent content by davidmthekidd

1. davidmthekidd

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

The Z1R's are not bass headphones, at all, in fact, the MDR-Z7 are for bass heads from the Sony line up. The Z1R is for sure U-shape, but not to the level of the Z7 or your average bluetooth wireless over hear headphone.
  2. davidmthekidd

To me this is very simple, I cant listen to my HD650's for more than two hours, let alone my old HD700, those were piercing to my ears. Some people love reference headphones such as HD600 or LCD-X, I cant listen to two records back to back without taking a break. On the other hand, I can listen...
  3. davidmthekidd

you're taking this way too serious my friend.
  4. davidmthekidd

I meant I have owned a ton of headphones, over the years.
  5. davidmthekidd

I listen to a ton of Jazz, some instruments are rendered terribly on my 'reference' headphone the HD650, just flat and boring. However, on the Z1RS, I get a very warm and acoustic sounding presentation, main reason why I've learn to listen first and consider measurements later. The main...
  6. davidmthekidd

Ahh, The Z1R's! My all time favorite, not because of accuracy, but rather their Musicality. I have own close to 12 headphones and these are the best for music enjoyment & comfort.
  7. davidmthekidd

Sony TA-ZH1ES: A DAC/Headphone Amp with a Sonic Signature?

has anyone here paired the TA-ZH1ES with the Hifiman HE1000 V2 Stealth?
  8. davidmthekidd

20% maybe? I like the sound of the Z1R's, but those plushy leather cups allow me to listen to hours without pain.
  9. davidmthekidd

Funny enough the MDR-Z1R is my favorite headphone of all time; I've tried just about all the planars on the market and other close backs and I always gravitate to the musicality of the Z1R; I live in NYC so loudspeakers is not an option to me; specially since I listen to music late at night. I...
  10. davidmthekidd

I love this amp/dac, I always leave on DSEEHX / DSD Remastering and the linear phase features.
Top Bottom