Recent content by davidc

1. D

WTB - Ribbon Tweeter for Realistic Optimus 400 (JVC HSW1101-01A)

I'd probably go to the audio circle website, go to the vmps circle, and do a little research to see if the Chinese made copies of the JVC are really any good. Brian Cheney of vmps was one of the very first ones to use the JVC, and there should be some discussion about it
  2. D

WTB - Ribbon Tweeter for Realistic Optimus 400 (JVC HSW1101-01A)

I was playing Talking Head's "And She Was", a little to loud...
  3. D

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Understood. I have two subs I could put behind the TV, or have one next to the couch as my end table. But...then I'd have to get DLBC. I guess my main question related to the Law of Diminishing Returns. I've heard that the more speakers the better, but how does the LDR play out? If I have a...
  4. D

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Oh man...! You've got to be kidding me! Perfect! I am a protanomouls trichromat. Easiest way to explain it is that I don't see reds as saturated as normals. When you think about that almost all "colors" are mixtures of other colors, consider that I don't see the red mixed in as saturated as...
  5. D

Understood now. And, from what I learned in the one of the Dirac Webinars, my system of large floor standing front speakers is great for ART
  6. D

Yes, very happy about this as large floorstanding is exactly what I have.
  7. D

A question for anybody using ART now: Are the colors of the various curves, traces, sliders, etc, adjustable? While watching the Webinar above, I looked at the speaker group level controls in the bottom left of the screen, and as a person with a color deficiency, I found it a little difficult...
  8. D

To answer my own question, I found out that you cannot use a single speaker as just a support speaker; it will be used as a normal speaker as well. If I understood correctly, I could add some wide or height surrounds in my current 5.0 system, and there would probably be very little sound as...
  9. D

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

So, for listening to music, which I do only in stereo 2 channel, the other speakers in the system will still output the correction signals?
  10. D

Yes Flak. Thank you. I was only thinking of a sub to provide added support for ART, as I had heard that the more speakers the better. I have a 5.0 system now. I can't really add anymore visible surround speakers due to the wife acceptance factor and the room layout, but I do have room for...
  11. D

Question regarding DLBC if I don't have a sub now. So, my main speakers are fully capable of reproducing bass. It's better than most subs. VMPS Supertower III. So, I have not added a sub and therefore have not used DLBC. However, since I'll be adding Dirac ART to my Denon AVR-x4800h when it's...
  12. D

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to DLBC. There was a time when Dirac was going to have it control the front speakers as well as the subs, which would be desirable if you have large front speakers, as I do. But they decided not to. So, DBLC actually turns off the bass of the front...
  13. D

Yes, this is what they told me as well. There was a time when they were going to add in the capability of controlling the front speakers, but changed their minds.
  14. D

Sort of an off-the-wall question here. I have a 5.0 system, using a Denon AVR-x4800h, and am anxiously awaiting Dirac ART. I can't add any more speakers for more surround due to the wife's acceptance factor and the layout of the living room. I can however, add some "hidden" speakers, like...
Top Bottom