Recent content by DaveWKC

1. D

DAC Upgrade - What can I expect?

She uses simply the Google nest, and expects it to just "work" whenever she wants it to. The only subscription we have is Google Music and Apple Music. Meanwhile I use Vinyl, streaming, FLAC from the network, etc - I don;t mind the extra work - she does. The BluOS device actually works well in...
  2. D

Maybe the answer is just to ONLY use a chromecast as the endpoint - best of both worlds potentially - I'd just be limited in features for supporting higher-res audio without conversion
  3. D

Totally agreed - but as there’s no auto switching this defeats the “easy” requirements from my wife. Sigh.
  4. D

Thanks. I’ve definitely considered this, and had tested it already, but it doesn’t meet the above requirement for casting from a nest hub to the endpoint without involving other devices and complicating the process. If Roon ever incorporates that feature, I’d seriously look in that direction...
  5. D

Snake Oil Department, Top This

I prefer mine bitten by a radioactive spider. I noticed an immediate difference in my system.
  6. D

Odd that my analyzer doesn't have that type of input. It only seems to have inputs that actually exist
  7. D

Hello! So, here's my situation - I have a Bluesound Node 2i that I am running through a Topping E30. I am still in my return period for both. I have tried using Volumio and Moode player on Pi 4's, but I really prefer the overall experience of BluOS. I did try out the Cambridge CXN v2, but hated...
  8. D

Well, and that's part of the behavior that really chaps my hide. It becomes a shaming session like that review for that $649 cable that really should (and probably does) cost $5. the whole, "Well, you can't hear it because your system doesn't cost enough" or "Does not resolve enough". I aways...
  9. D

This is how I picture those crazy power cables being plugged in to a device:
  10. D

Right? It's like has anyone who buys these esoteric power cables actually ever seen the romex in their house? or understand the power grid? Or ever taken the cover off their equipment and looked at the tiny little wires in the device itself?
  11. D

Seeing crappy and hard to use sites full of errors pushing snake oil based in pseudoscience by people who have no understanding of the actual phenomena they espouse makes me wonder if these buffoons have also convinced themselves somehow that hand-coding their sites with only a terrible...
Top Bottom