Recent content by dartinbout

1. D

TOPPING EHA5

May I ask that this thread be closed or the multitude of comments, not germane to the EHA5, be given their own thread? ESTAT amps are their own sub-species of arcana and add nothing to this particular implementation.
  2. D

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

As for your use case, IDK but It's still available (in the US at least)...
  3. D

Is this site about AUDIO Science Review, HiFi S.R., or MEASUREMENT S.R.?

Given this example, It's obviously a forum for useless polls that achieve very little.
  4. D

Audiophile music player for Windows/Mac and your opinion...

I wouldn't use "Ruin" even if it was free. It's terrible at organizing and playing local music files. It's (and many of the other windows\mac playback applications are increasingly focused on primarily streaming contents. With 150k of tracks (I've been ripping CD's to flac more than a decade)...
  5. D

Aavik eliminates intrusive digital signature

Does it come with a bottomless pump bottle of Keri-Lotion and an endless supply of Kleenex? Do the sales staff all have callus free palms?
  6. D

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

Please update the status if anything changes. I built a new pc, in January of this year. Prior, I had no playback errors running 32G and a Intel Core i7-3770S 3.1 GHz. I play up to DSD 128 5.1 without problems on that old build and the DM7.
  7. D

I've been running the DM7, for a few hours (6-8), daily, since July 22. I had the Okto DAC8pro before. Both produce significant pops upon power cycle. I learned to turn off the SW and the 2 amps 1st, then the DM7. Other then that nothing. Are you running these straight from TRS to XLR? Do you...
  8. D

Ask me questions.

What an elaborate "soap-opera" you're imagining! Is there mustache twirling? A damsel in distress? Are their virtual "ears tied to a railroad track? If he doesn't responds to any of your nonsense will you challenge him to a duel? I hear the sound of your chartreuse, size 5, crocs stomping...
  9. D

Would you prefer commas? semi-colons, brackets, or some other kerfufflish, utterly inane, thing to complain about?
  10. D

I just checked mine and I run at 8192 in safe mode. I regularly run 5.1 in native DSD128, without issue, in J. River. That being said, I have 64G of DDR4 ram in a mid level AMD Ryzan. As for video, nothing I've ever seen is better the the DM7 for movies\tv in surround. Honestly, in any ASIO...
  11. D

TOPPING DX9!

This, like many other discussions of audio (and every other topic under the sun), has a high flatulence to signal ratio. Most of the directly off topic comments are just the standard for those that like to smell their own opinions. I've grown inured to wearing a face mask, both on public...
  12. D

I need a suggestion for a Windows-based music player that has a web frontend.

I've used J. River for many years. Although it's a technically adequate playback SW, it's capacity to handle >200k audio and the accompanying cover\documentation album files is far superior to Roon, Ardivarnia (sic) and Foobar. HQPlayer is a great technical software player but it is intensely...
  13. D

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Count me as an extremely happy user. Despite having 3 other DAC's, this gets the most use. Seamlessly, going from 2, 2.1, 4, 5.1, 6 all the way to 7.1 channels for music and video is the "sine qua non" for my usage . I've incorporated it into the A90D and it's EXT unit. It allows me to change...
  14. D

Extreme Snake Oil

You can get there from his site directly. https://darko.audio/ There is a link on his main page. It's 2 hours. If someone has a longer amount of patience for this palaver, could you please summarize this? I'd appreciate it.
  15. D

Ask me questions.

Thank you for hosting this, as it doesn't appear on the appear as yet on the site. https://www.tpdz.net/download I'm not going to use this yet until it does and has a list of what it affects. My glowing unit hasn't exhibited any issues to date.
Top Bottom