Recent content by DanTheMan

1. D

Arturia Minifuse 2 Review (Audio Interface)

I’m with Pauper on what makes for a nice interface. I’ve got an Apogee that works like the Audient and it sounds fantastic, but using it feels awkward a decade later. Using one with knobs just makes life much easier and intuitive for me.
  2. D

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

I literally thought mine came with a 7yr warranty. In any case, it doesn’t matter now. They are too old now for any kind of warranty service. If one of them broke now, I would just buy the replacement part most likely. They sound so good and I didn’t expect them to last this long for sure...
  3. D

I think my ADAM monitors came with a 7 year warranty which has long past, but everything is still working beautifully. They are 11 years old now, but I had those same worries when I bought them. Of course replacement parts are also still available for them, but overpriced. This model/line is...
  4. D

Well, I was going to buy a house, but screw it. This will bring me joy.
  5. D

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

I have both those Sennheisers and I never feel the need to EQ them. They are all day listening type tools. The Meze classics can do it to with the right pads. You have to look at Amir’s review to see which as I can’t remember the name. The 400SE sounds too thin to me on a lot of music out...
  6. D

Behringer B2030P Studio Monitor Review

Top is without stuffing. Bottom is with. on axis would be the top line and subsequent lines move 11.25 degrees away from the previous line until it reaches the lowest line which is 90 degrees off axis. I’d personally cross these things over at around 200Hz and position the subs close to them.
  7. D

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I think mine have more bass now than the first day--I bet the pads are sealing better now. Still, they're better with EQ, but still good w/o it.
  8. D

Well I am unable to locate my blocked ear canal microphones at the moment so I tried the Crinacle profiles for each and matched levels. Original clarity disparity holds true, but I think they are both improved by EQ. 400se seems to improve more (as in more in line with long listening session...
  9. D

I want to use SolderDude’s psychoacoustically smoothed graphs to EQ these 2 today. I should really just measure the response on my ears and make them match. I can to blocked ear canal measurements easy enough. I haven’t done that in a long time, but I should do it again just so I can line...
  10. D

That’s what I was thinking it was. I was just playing around with it last week. REW has gained some interesting features. Older studies in Sound Reproduction concluded that ‘old’ folk don’t like a treble boost anymore than young people do. Is there a newer study that you are referring to?
  11. D

I was hoping to stimulate a conversation with that one Your measurements are significantly different from Amir’s and come closer to the tonal differences I hear. Probably a fit/fixture/head issue and to some degree a resolution problem. Your measurements have significant smoothing applied by...
  12. D

Well damn it. I bought this and I utterly love them. Stupid good and not just for the money. This silver cable however is bar none the worst cable I’ve ever “heard”. It transmits more noise than I honestly knew was possible. What in the hell? It has to be intentional. Oddly enough there...
  13. D

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Well, you guys killed me in this thread. I’ve been perfectly satisfied with my HD650 for over 12 years. You didn’t sell me on this headphone but instead the 400SE….. SMH, why did I do it? The 560 have made me sweat several times, but their price is just high enough to keep me from pulling...
Top Bottom