Recent content by DanTheMan

1. D

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

Yeah. It’s just ‘less stereo’ for me and doesn’t do anything at all for frontal image. I actually bought Apple Earbuds to get a frontal image, but the tonality becomes so bad I NEVER use it. Ha ha. I’ve tried 3 different crossfeeds. They all resulted in the same ‘more monoesque’ sound To my...
  2. D

I cannot get a frontal image even when building my own homemade HRTF corrected binaural convolution reverbs. I can get a vaguely frontal image, but definitely nothing pinpoint. Now using Apple’s head tracking I can get a pinpoint frontal image, but the overall tonal balance is a mess with no...
  3. D

That look is unfortunate, but the graphs look pretty. It's the Millennium Falcon of headphones. FWIW, I'm glad these 490 measure the way they do. I'm sticking to my 650.
  4. D

Pretty much all of them minus 1 or maybe 2.
  5. D

This graphs like the smoothest HiFiMan ever made.
  6. D

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

I really wanted this one to perform better as I have an affinity for the brand and the look. It definitely has some pluses but the RIAA is just too bright for me. I have a Pro-ject and a Schiit which are both nice, but price to performance, it is tough to beat that Schiit.
  7. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

When I read this, it’s in Christopher Lloyd’s voice and it starts with “Great Scott!”
  8. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

It would be hard to argue that Amir lets his bias get in the way of his objectivity when it comes to data analysis. GRresearch has given him a very hard time and he has still posted positive reviews of Danny’s speakers when they are actually good designs. The man is steadfast and not...
  9. D

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

The measurements I found online were here: https://diy.midwestaudio.club/discussion/770/bose-201-series-iv the correlation is pretty close when you consider the tweeter change.
  10. D

I think Tekton would have been wise to plug their own holes.
  11. D

Any speaker designer should have known that the feet wouldn't make a huge difference in the measured response. Odd that this one didn't and so intensely protested the results. The damage to the companies reputation for their imperfect design would have been minimal--all speakers have some...
  12. D

I have a set of Bose 201 series IV laying around but the upper mids and treble always sounded off. I found measurements online which explained it so I thought I'd see what replacing the tweeter would do. Here's the replacement which does make for a smoother response at the woofer axis. The...
  13. D

Does that stand for me as well? I’ve really only done one recently.
  14. D

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I had a Harman Kardon HK3490 that was rated for 120w/channel, maybe 130, and I’m sure they didn't shortchange me. That thing was wild and the ex-wife still uses it as her daily driver. Keep in mind that she had/has no particular love for it, but she had/has to have it. It wasn’t as pretty as...
  15. D

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

We are on the precipice of greatness now. Can’t you feel it? When you think about the impact this site has had on the products available today….
Top Bottom