Recent content by DanielT

1. DanielT

Replace OP amps. Completely pointless, or not?

That's how it is but.. Interesting though. No audible difference. Test via Youtube with its limitations, but the result would certainly, most likely, be the same if the test was carried out with a top notch audio reproduction solution.:)
  2. DanielT

Help? designing a DIY loudspeaker

SB15 you say. Here's an exciting project: Greetings, A few months ago I began designing, building, and testing 3d printed speakers using the SB Acoustics SB15 and SB26 aluminum drivers. The tweeter on all three designs use the Somossonus (AKA Augerpro) waveguides, but with some structural...
  3. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

You can certainly hear differences, if they are big enough. As I mentioned super thin long lamp cord as speaker cable, or cheapest non-shielded long RCA cables that pick up noise (it was measured by PMA in the thread I referencedm to). Absolutely, then you can hear it. BUT now I have taken up...
  4. DanielT

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

It was sad to hear. :( Take care, rest and recover. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.:)
  5. DanielT

Reaction music videos

If a channel is really popular and has a lot of viewers, the musicians also want to participate in their videos. Then it becomes more interesting. Here, for example, when Robert Fripp talks about his meeting with Hendrix. It was heartwarming.:) Why not take part in the story of an 80's pop...
  6. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

Regarding your test of CD players. But isn't that just great? Then you can take the price out of the equation and consider which of them you like best when you weigh up factors such as functions, ease of use, appearance and whatever it might be. Speaking of expensive cables. That you hear no...
  7. DanielT

Help? designing a DIY loudspeaker

Here an affordable project. Good first project if you want to try DIY speakers. The surprising thing is this, for only $17 get::) The harmonic distortion through the midrange is among the lowest of the speakers I have measured, THD ~0.2% @ 100dB 800Hz - 2kHz! Almost unbelievable, but he who...
  8. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

Wide baffle can have its advantages. Regarding Heco Direkt. #81 from this thread: thewas: My exact thoughts, beautiful design, acoustic advantages of the wide baffle, good drivers (Heco/Magnat uses Klippel tools and software to optimize them) and measurements and seemingly a nice tuning for a...
  9. DanielT

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

MoFi 888.Melinda Murphy was also impressed with them. 18:15 into the video:
  10. DanielT

D10s just stopped giving sound

They just churn out new products all the time. Topping, SMSL, Fosi and so on. Fun in and of itself, but do they really have time to do tough endurance tests on all the stuff? The D50 III seems exciting with PEQ, but it's just another function that can stop working.:oops: I may sound negative...
  11. DanielT

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Sorry, missed it. They wrote about tc9 earlier in that thread.:) Then it will be necessary to take out the slightly larger wallet considering that f seems to cost around $500 each:) https://www.usspeaker.com/Faital%20Pro%20HF1440-1.htm In which case. I thought that DIY thread was interesting...
  12. DanielT

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Here they think about arrays, in many different forms and configurations. An example exciting example of that is #1427 from nc535 with Peerless TC9 broadband drivers. This is to experiment with effects regarding SBIR (which I perceived was a thought to reduce the negative consequences of with...
  13. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

Speaking of that. It would be interesting to see if you let 5-10 people listen to the same music. Each goes into the listening room by himself. There are some subwoofers that are turned down to 0. Everyone who listens can turn up the volume on the subwoofers to their personal taste in music...
  14. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

You might get used to the sound but it's best to have a few speakers to switch between and I'd venture to guess that most people then, even if they don't do intensive comparative speaker listening tests, after a number of months, if they listen to a lot of music, will use the neutral speakers...
  15. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

Well spoken. You should of course listen to what you like and if it colors the signal in the form of distortion and or deviations from an ideal FR, so be it.:) BUT a big difference from you and a lot of other subjectivists is that you reflect. You know what measurements are. You've listened to...
Top Bottom