Recent content by Danaxus

1. Danaxus

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Let's take a step back for a moment, and think about what we stand to gain: I can't see any benefit to criticising a person, rather than their ideas. Ad hominem arguments are of no value to a proper thesis - neither the poster, nor the readers benefit. Ideas on the other hand - have at it...
  2. Danaxus

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

You can wire a laptop the exact same way you do any other device - via HDMI to the TV. That would give you the best sound quality. That said, these days there is no good reason to - devices like Apple TV (and many, many other streaming boxes), are essentially capable computers in their own...
  3. Danaxus

My personal favourite way to connect everything, would be wired. I would have an HDMI cable from the LS60 to the TV (eARC port on the TV). This means that any sound the TV plays, be it from the TV's internal apps, or any device connected to one of the other TV HDMI ports, will go directly, via...
  4. Danaxus

Yes, Dirac is applied to the digital signal, long before it goes to the amp's internal DAC. The pre-outs will have the correction applied, just like the amplified outputs. And yes, the RCA cables go from your pre-out to the AUX input of the LS60.
  5. Danaxus

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Then no. Tempest will always get converted to Atmos, before it is output to your AVR - any AVR. Then that Atmos signal will get converted to the Sony AVR's surround system
  6. Danaxus

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

If the AVR convincingly converts atmos in movies, then it'll do the same for atmos in ps5 games.
  7. Danaxus

From what I've seen, Tempest gives out a max of 7 floor channels, and 4 heights, to Atmos. Unlike the Xbox, it's virtually lag-free as well. I daresay upmixing with auromatic will still make it sound better
  8. Danaxus

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Alas, they only ship to France and BeneLux :-(
  9. Danaxus

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Sounds like you know what’s best for you then - get some towers! The aesthetics of your room are important! You won’t regret it from an acoustics perspective and they’ll bring you joy to look at.
  10. Danaxus

People may disagree with me here, but the main benefit of bookshelves is a balance between budget, subwoofer, and placement. For the price of a tower, you can afford to buy bookshelves and a sub - and there are pros and cons to this. Pros of Bookshelves + sub: subs with their own amps will...
  11. Danaxus

The KEF R3 Meta is the replacement for the R3. The LS50 is...not exactly a step down, just has a different use case. It's better as a near-field speaker, easier to mount If you want to use it as a surround, and may be a good alternative if you have a solid sub and are on more of a budget.
  12. Danaxus

Let AVR power Multi-Channel Speakers, or Get Dedicated Power Amp for Some/All?

Hi all, I'm currently in the process of setting up a mini home-theatre. I have 2 active speakers (front LR), and 9 passives being powered by a Denon x4800h used as centres and surrounds. I'm a little worried that the poor thing won't be up to the task, as the speakers are ls50 metas that...
  13. Danaxus

I don't think you could ever get the LS50 Metas to match the LS60's. They won't have the same DSP, they don't have the same heavy case, and the speakers aren't tuned to work with each other. Plus the LS60's come with 3 separate amplifiers, for the subs, the woofer, and the tweeter. I mean...
  14. Danaxus

Just purchased some things from https://orange-audio.com They have the usual sales on their site, but after emailing them to ask about some specific items, they gave me an even deeper sale. Snagged some LS50 Metas for €875/pair (site lists €1,089, down from €1,299). They ship all over Europe...
  15. Danaxus

You got me all happy until I realised they only ship to Netherlands/BeneLux
Top Bottom