Recent content by dan_uk

1. D

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I get the discount box and I'm UK based.
  2. D

Newbie audio-lover here!

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/polk-signature-elite-es20-review-bookshelf-speaker.33834/
  3. D

My hifi journey + what would you do?

Nice setup... Are those two grey panels, acoustic panels behind? Did you perform any kind of analysis or just place them behind each speaker? Things of something similar myself.
  4. D

DIY Streamer based on Raspberry Pi 5

I have an Allo USB Bridge which works well, I can definitely recommend it. They also do a "DigiOne Signature Player", which is SPDIF, its all Pi based. Some of their stuff has been reviewed by Amir and rather favourably too.
  5. D

which amp would be "better"

How many inputs? And if only single source, how about a DAC with a volume knob and then a Hypex power amp, maybe with ncx500 to future proof it.
  6. D

Do Audiophile Network Switches Make a Difference (video)?

Just found this video and loved it!! Can any recommend anymore of Amir's "debunking videos"?
  7. D

Suggest lesser-known good Sci-Fi films

Big thumbs up for this film, it has an epic sound track too!!
  8. D

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

It might have a Roon app soon!
  9. D

Do I need a physical volume control in my setup? If so, should I just change my streamer?

Thanks @staticV3 !! HAve been running like this for a few days now and works a treat!! I think generally I'll be running Roon at -20 db most days, so even if the DAC does reset to 100%, at least it's better than Roon and the DAC being at 100% together!
  10. D

Do I need a physical volume control in my setup? If so, should I just change my streamer?

Ah good idea... So switch DAC to pre-amp, turn the volume down... Crack up Roon to 100% and then increase DAC to the maximum volume I'd ever want to listen to... Then just use Roon on a daily basis. I assume the Matrix Audio has no history of resetting its volume to 100%?
  11. D

Hi all, I have the following and am very happy with the sound quality, however, the only volume control I have is digital via Roon. Allo USBRIDGE - Network into USB transport for Roon Matrix Audio X Sabre Pro MQA DAC Nord One NCx500ST Stereo Power Amplifier REL Storm sub - Connected directly...
  12. D

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

No idea about Dirac Live, but I do love Amused to Death, epic choice!
  13. D

[Poll] What is your experience with the reliability of the Topping LA90D?

My defective LA90D start to make static-like noises, random unpleasant spikes in the sound, the kind of sound that may damage your speakers.
  14. D

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Well, I believe Nord do export a majority of their amps. I bought one 2 months ago and love it. The build quality is very good, defo recommend - https://nordacoustics.co.uk/product-category/nord-one-ncx500/
  15. D

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

What country are you based in? I bought Nord, love it but I am UK based too.
Top Bottom