Recent content by Dan1210

1. D

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

Glad to see this speaker reviewed, thanks Amirm! I have been looking at this model for quite some time but haven't bit the bullet yet. In my dedicated room I am running the Klipsch Thx Ultra 2 set, they sound magnificent and really do have some decent output. The problem I am having is the in...
  2. D

Anthem MRX 1140 whacky level cal

My assumption is that by doing this my external amplifiers are getting higher gain which in turn reduces headroom. The workaround i spoke of sounded considerably better to my ears. It could play louder and with less distortion. Arc is fantastic but it sets the calibration tones way too high.
  3. D

Anthem MRX 1140 whacky level cal

I had this same issue just when the avm 70 came out, i managed to use a workaround which worked well. Unfortunately my inuke sub amp died so i have to re calibrate everything again. I had hoped they resolved this issue but after some sessions today it still calibrates way too hot and the...
  4. D

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

I was thinking the same thing, but i can listen louder and with less fatigue with the Anthem. I would think the Anthem is doing more eq and perhaps is providing a cleaner output with less clipping close to reference? I thought my system had reached its limits but the Anthem has provided an...
  5. D

I recently bought this unit coming from a Denon X4700 used in pre amp mode to a Nad M27. I wasn’t expecting much but it is actually a nice upgrade, not massively so but it does seem to have given me more headroom with a larger soundstage, more cinematic if you like… I think Arc does a better job...
  6. D

I have an Anthem Avm 70 en route do we know when the new Anthem products would have been affected by the shortage of AKM dacs? I want to be sure the version i get is the same as reviewed here. Cheers!
  7. D

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Just curious more than anything, i demoed an mrx 310 years ago and was quite impressed, since then it’s always been Denon or Marantz. Don’t get me wrong the 4700 is great! My speakers are a full klipsch ultra 2 set with diy marty subs and my room is fairly well treated be interesting to see if...
  8. D

In regards to ‘effects steering’ do all these products except for something like the Trinnov use the same generic chipset from a manufacturer like Texas Instruments?
  9. D

Thanks for the replies guys, i may give it a try as im curious, will also keep hold of the Denon. I will report back if i notice any worthwhile differences.
  10. D

Hey guys thinking about swapping my Denon x4700 for an Anthem avm70, currently use the Denon in full pre amp mode with a Nad M27 and a Rotel amplifier, help talk me out of it! Not sure it’s worth the $2k premium...?
  11. D

Opinion on IMG Stage line STA-400D amplifier with Hypex modules

@Stefano_Milano do you get a high pitch noise at all from these amps through your speakers? I bought a Jbl 7200 recently that uses 7x ucd 400 and i get a really high pitch noise when it’s connected to my speakers. Going to return it and try the 800d i think.
  12. D

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Interesting! I nearly bought three of these for my cinema room build as lcr, i went with the klipsch kl650 in the end sunk into a baffle wall. Despite fairly thorough research on these speakers i missed that it had a port on the back which likely would not have worked for my baffle wall setup...
  13. D

Marantz SR6014 AVR Review

@amirm Hey, do you have a sr8015 lined up for review anytime soon? Interested to see if the upgraded hdams bring any improvement. Cheers!
  14. D

NAD partners with Purifi, working on an Eigentakt amplifier

I just received a nad m27, the packaging weighs almost as much as the product itself!
Top Bottom