Recent content by Dan

1. D

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

Where to start? Beolab 5 speakers to begin with. Unbelievable speakers that I adored but somehow got in my head that I needed an "all analog system" for vinyl that I was rapidly collecting. I sold the beolabs and got Sonus Faber Amati futuras which were even more expensive. That was nice...
  2. D

HifiMan Sundara + Qudelix K5

Why are you here? If you're going to ignore everything that is recommended just go to head fi with the silly warm/cold amp nonsense
  3. D

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Learned about the qudelix here. Best bang for your buck purchase I've made in audio. Qudelix + Senn HD800s + equalization = absolute musical bliss during work
  4. D

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

best: Qudelix HPA. Price is a bargain for what it does Anthem MX540. Swiss army knife of audio. Anthem ARC is incredible Avantgarde Zero 1 speakers. Love active speakers and these are the best I've owned worst: PS audio dac. The one that converts to DSD. Expensive and I...
  5. D

What is an equivalent product to HiFi snake oil?

Like I said, bizarre.
  6. D

Keith, I wouldn't waste your time. That's an angry dude with a bizarre agenda.
  7. D

Speakers with adjustable digital crossover

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!
  8. D

The golf world is full of them. Crappy training aids, self described golf gurus with their special systems, etc The gambling world has it as well. Any field where people are desperate for improvement leads to this. The scammers know how to find the desperate, that's for sure
  9. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Avantgarde zero one pro. Fully active. Love them
  10. D

Lyngdorf MP-40 upgrade

Room perfect is great
  11. D

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

It's not so easy to do. I am probably like a lot of audiophiles, I know virtually no one interested in Hifi. They couldn't care less. Even my friend who owns a chain of movie theaters thinks it's all silliness. If I asked my wife or daughter to switch whatever in a blind test they'd laugh...
  12. D

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

Love this. So true.
  13. D

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I love mine but I'd like to hear the D&D 8c. Impossible in US unfortunately.
  14. D

Best effort room and audio system build

Awesome. I love how well thought out it is instead of some of these audiophile rooms with 100,000 dollar speakers stuffed into corners but they have cable risers so everything's awesome.
Top Bottom