Recent content by Dan Wiggins

1. D

Thought I'd treat myself to a new Streamer.

Stanley Steamer? So THAT'S how those guys get the steam to clean your carpets... :)
  2. D

Thought I'd treat myself to a new Streamer.

At RMAF we used Sonos CONNECTs to stream Tidal, to a nice little Channel Islands Audio DAC, which fed a Channel Islands Audio headphone amp. Amazon Kindle Fire as the controller. Cheap, simple, effective, millions of songs available at redbook or better - and not a single person (enthusiast...
  3. D

Our patent system is a joke - Golden Ear Sub

Nothing, actually. Having a downfiring passive is a VERY BAD THING. To be an effective PR, you want the resonant frequency to be as low as possible, so the response notch is well below the pass band. To do that means a soft suspension and/or heavy mass. Which means a lot of sag when facing...
  4. D

RMAF 2016: Periodic Audio, Channel Island Audio, Seajay Limited

I've had a pair of HD580s since they first came out. Overall, a VERY balanced headphone. I really like them! Sennheiser does a LOT of GREAT product...
  5. D

Well, after the Beats explosion (I did some consulting for a big name at that time), nearly every factory in China became "a headphone factory". And suddenly you had dozens, then hundreds, then thousands of brands popping up, selling off-the-shelf product from China. The big German brands -...
  6. D

Thank you! I like comfort, too - and we wanted to be able to have more than 1 or 2 people listen at a time. Our setup (with great Channel Islands Audio amps and DACs) supported 6 listeners simultaneously - and we filled up completely many, many times. And no worries about what the weather...
  7. D

Thank you for the mention! We're a new company - but not new to the industry. You've undoubtedly heard our work wearing the brand names of other companies.. Periodic Audio is our take on what a very good sounding, affordable IEM could be, our passion about what is possible when you step back...
Top Bottom