Recent content by Dan Clark

1. D

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

The key concept of tuning around the Harman response is that it replicates the tone of a good speaker in a good room using a target based on decades of research. That and then the AMTS taking the “room” in the ear pad out of the equation… So you get a more “speaker-like” upper range but without...
  2. D

It sounds like you may not be getting a good seal. If no music is playing rub your fingertips together and circle the cups near where the pad interfaces with your head, if you can hear your fingers you aren’t sealed. Adjust position as needed, in some cases people with small heads may want more...
  3. D

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

They clearly had a better seal on the second set. It's also possible one set had damping in the other didn't, etc. It's pretty hard to comment on 3rd party measurements definitiively, but technically the heardphones are the same other than color so they should sound the same, modulo the usual...
  4. D

It's possible but I'd suggest you find a shop or show to attend to listen and judge for yourself... I'm having a conversation with Sean about those measurements. So far I confirmed they weren't using our guidance on how to seat the headphones, the only thing they advised users was to not wear...
  5. D

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Edit: fix typos from working without my glasses! There’s no risk at all to measure the impedance, just attach the cable, and then measure across the jack at cable end, if you have a multimeter. Any imbalance greater than an ohm is likely a service issue, but if your experience is that the...
  6. D

There can occasionally be a little but it just rolls off with a little friction from a finger, no other cleaning needed..
  7. D

It’s not glue it’s tape and it’s extremely simple. Peel and replace.
  8. D

They are close but Stealth and Expanse tease out a little more low level detail. As Stralth and Expanse have slightly lower distortion levels. the three headphones will have a family resemblance with smooth amd balanced midrange and easy transitions across the octaves without major...
  9. D

hahahaha trick question! :) The perils of reading spec pages too fast!
  10. D

Hm, not sure what to tell you... I had been on the right page but the specs were way worse, somehow I must have landed on a different product... Not sure, but anyhow, yes, that's plenty of power unless you like it LOUD.
  11. D

No, power is definitely low. From their specs here https://gracedesign.com/products/monitor-controllers/m900 it looks like it'd only put out about 145mW around 27 ohms, that's just too low unless you only listen at relatively low levels. Generally we recommend at least 500-750mW at 32 ohms, more...
  12. D

Yes, it's simply a spacer we provide to keep pad compression low when in the case or stored.
  13. D

YMMV due to the oils in your skin amd climate. Some people have more acidic skin oil, with that and high humidity and heavy use I’d expect pads to last at least two years. I live in San Diego and have pads that have lasted over five years. That said once the foam starts to feel or look different...
Top Bottom