Recent content by DamianW

1. D

Need help. Ears hurting after upgrade.

From what you are describing the amplifier is likely to be the issue rather than the speakers. I would suggest getting a better amplifier.
  2. D

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Ok, QA403 is a very good value for money option. As others have said Cosmos auto scaler allows for multiple other very cost effective options.
  3. D

Audio Precision APx516B Review

The QA403 has scaling built in and can handle input voltages of 112V peak to peak or +-56V. This allows for testing of amplifiers upto 400W with a 4 ohm load.
  4. D

Marantz Cinema 40 AVR Review

Can you perform the 5w Test with THD and FFT results for the reactive and inductive loads. IE 4 ohm load 60 deg capacitive.
  5. D

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Does the volume control work with DSD as well as PCM?
  6. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

Sorry. We have heaps the budget gear is often quite a lot more expensive than other places in the world. I should also add based on NAE user name I assumed music rather than home cinema.
  7. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

NAE = NewbieAudiophileExpert That is impressive I wouldn't be able to buy a good driver, amp and the materials to make the enclosure in one offs for $650AUD that would destroy a SB1000. For the rrp of $1200 certainly but not at $650 AUD.
  8. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

NAE said he already has the SB1000 and paid a bargin price of just over half the RRP. I would struggle to build a sub DIY that would be as good for $650 AUD.
  9. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

Add SVS famous very high reliability as well.
  10. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

In that case for your budget and at $650 the SB1000 is unbeatable in terms of value for money. I was going to suggest a Richter Thor MKV or M&K X12 as an alternative depending on your budget.
  11. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

Audioholics have an very good in-depth test of sealed vs ported svs with extensive measurements. I haven't heard HSU or seen any detailed measurements for them. You end up with cancellations and peaks ie uneven in room response. This is reduced with using a high pass filter. What is your...
  12. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

I didn't suggest it wasn't but plenty of people want to run there main speakers full range in addition to a sub.
  13. D

Are SVS subs over-rated?

Massive hype but there is an aspect of value for money. They are marketed for home cinema and they provide plenty of output and rumble for explosions. But I wouldn't consider them for music. The sealed SVS subs have heaps of low end distortion and group delay which appears to be due to massive...
  14. D

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Re tube life if you leave tubes on 24hrs a day 7 days a week as some people do that is 8736hrs a year and they wont last long if you do.
Top Bottom