Recent content by dajoe

1. D

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

You configure the dongle on the Boss 2. The system image you use should come with all drivers you need. For DietPi it was not obvious at first how to configure the dongle. On the DietPi website there ist a guide including FAQ (scroll down a bit until you find the WiFi section) link
  2. D

Logitech Media Server has plugins for these services. It is free and can be setup on the boss2 either client and server or client only. But yes, it involves some administration.
  3. D

I purchased it with the DietPi image preinstalled. This comes with squeezelite enabled by default. I disabled anything else. DietPi is based on Debian so you should be able to install LMS if that's what you want to do. It should be also possible to use picoreplayer or max2play. So your options...
  4. D

Post research here that casts doubt on ASR objectivism

Intersample peaks seem to be an interesting phenomenon. I understand that such peaks are only an issue when during production the loudness is pushed too hard to 0dBfs and if the DAC doesn't allow for enough headroom in case the analog waveform might clip. My experience is that high hats often...
  5. D

Best SciFi movies

A lot of great stuff mentioned here. Didn't read everything and not sure it was mentioned: I liked "Devs" a lot. I actually liked Prometheus, mainly for it's great atmosphere. Unfortunately it all fell apart. Good SciFi is not easy to find. There are a lot great SciFi novels but so few were...
  6. D

Considering the filters in general, could you share some documentation what these do, e.g. for high pass, phase compensation?
  7. D

Are you running DietPi? My installation came with the Deemphasis filter activated by default which severely depressed the highs.
  8. D

Input sensitivity match

Doubling the signal by adding the second output was my initial idea to get 1V RCA output to match the 2V input sensitivity of my desired amp. But it doesn't seem so straightforward at all after the feedback here. So better to select a higher gain amp or live with higher distortion on those...
  9. D

Input sensitivity match

Thanks for all the feedback. I am still learning about signal transmission electronics so sorry if my terms are not accurate. My understanding is that +/- or hot/cold are floating, meaning they don't have a defined potential vs the shield (or ground). In a balanced connection, the ground does...
  10. D

Input sensitivity match

Thanks, Julf. I think I still have difficulties to understand what these cables actually do to the output level. Balanced XLR -> unbalanced RCA actually doesn't change the level at all, right? 4 Vrms between pin red and black become 4 Vrms between red and ground on RCA.
  11. D

Input sensitivity match

According to my understanding, balanced XLR has three lines: 1 is shield, 2 is +signal, 3 is -signal (floating). What Balanced -> RCA unbalanced would do is shorting the -signal to ground, grounding the shield and providing +signal vs ground. This effectively halves the amplitude or reduces the...
  12. D

Input sensitivity match

Hello all, this is my first time posting here, so, hello again. I am in a similar position as Bahamies. I consider getting a sensitive power amp to confine my NAD T758 v3 DAC to the "cleaner" 1Vrms (per Amir's review) using the RCA pre-outs. Since at a later time I might upgrade the source to a...
Top Bottom