Recent content by daggernc

1. D

LEAF Dac Dual 9038Q2M VS Gustard X16 ! Pictures inside )

Some day when I grow up I want to be just like you guys! I appreciate all the experts out here providing their time and inputs to these discussions.
  2. D

Dang, my bad deadwood, yes the LEAF has no RCA inputs. I have a no-name ADC that I may try but thanks for the Cosmos recommendation. I have an older Sony BluRay player with SPDIF-coax and HDMI out that I'll be using for my CD collection. I hope the Bluetooth receiver on the LEAF is decent as...
  3. D

"the weakest component in a modern audio system is probably the potato sitting in front of it all"....LoL! I've read up on swapping the I/V opamps (I believe those are the ones you are referring to?) to OPA1612s and will try that. When you say the "headphone opamps" and "RCA opamp" are on...
  4. D

I have been "planning" a 2-channel audio system for about a year now and started buying components as my budget allowed (the LRS speakers first, then this DAC, and now I'm looking for a decent amp with balanced in that can drive these speakers) but I haven't set up the room/system yet. All I've...
  5. D

@deadwood83 - thank you and appreciate your efforts and inputs on this Leaf DAC.... Downside is that for the price about 8 months for a dual ES9038q2m balanced DAC and the few positive reviews it received, I went and bought one but now I am having buyer's remorse after hearing how poorly it...
  6. D

Good news is I did receive this unit (finally)! Quick check and my Windows 11 PC via supplied USB cable connected with no manual driver installations required. My audio control panel shows I have 3 Output options: nVidia, Realtek Digital, and Speakers HiFi DSD. If I choose Realtek, then I can...
  7. D

Isn't the OPA627 a single channel opamp vs the OPA1612 is dual (so you would need two 627s per OEM opamp replacement)?
  8. D

Thanks for the comparison audio files Joe. I am only playing thru my computer speakers, but I can absolutely hear a difference. Can't say which "half" is a more accurate representation of the recording, but I do get a sense of less pronounced mids, mid-highs on the second half of each clip...
  9. D

I did check the seller's "rating" and it was over 90%, but there wasn't a ton of reviews... It looks like AliExpress may refund my money, but their response to my claim is a bit cryptic, so will see in a few days.
  10. D

Here's a AliExpress horror story for everyone: Received email saying my LeafAudio DAC has been delivered yesterday!! Hmm, nothing on my porch, so went to my mailbox and there is a small plastic shipping bag that looks like it is one of those international mailers. I open it up and there is a...
  11. D

Thanks JoeSVK for the mini-review and good to hear you are liking it. Mine should arrive in a few more days... May I ask the favor as I have never rolled any opamps before, could you provide me with a mini How-To guild with any pictures? You can PM me with it as an option? Much appreciated!
  12. D

With tax $172 US delivered. Includes remote.
  13. D

My finger accidentally hit the left mouse key, so looks like I bought one of these :-) I still have to see if this Sunfire Cinema Grand amp I have with XLR inputs works! If this DAC works/sounds good, then good. If not, then not a lot of money lost and then I'll follow others and try my hand...
Top Bottom