Recent content by dadregga

1. D

does anyone enjoy flat sound from audio speakers?

I want flat speakers so I can reliably get non-flat sound :D
  2. D

Planar Magnetic open back headphones for Mixing/Mastering under 1000$

i.e. that it measures quite well and with EQ can nearly perfectly match the ideal Harman curve. You can pay more to get something that does the same thing without (or with slightly less) EQ, but you will pay a lot more, and may not end up with something more comfortable.
  3. D

No open, there is the Noire closed here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/dan-clark-audio-aeon-2-noire-review.46055/ Which is very similar. All the DCAs are well-built, measure consistently well as a product line (which is more than anyone can say about HiFiMan) and...
  4. D

Yep, the Aeon 2s are excellent, and $899 USD. We already know they measure well and are well built. I also second avoiding HifiMan - I left them behind for the Dan Clarks due to build quality and unnecessary bulk/weight. The DCs are lighter, better, and more durable. Audeze's are probably OK...
  5. D

Any of the Dank Clarks - they're well-reviewed, and well-designed.
  6. D

Harman acquires Roon

As long as I can run my own server/endpoints, they can sell all the overpriced hardware they want. The software is good and does exactly what it should. If that goes, then I will.
  7. D

DSD is better than PCM!

"And recordings are recorded directly to DSD with no mixing/mastering or converted to PCM" If it ends up on a disk, it gets mastered. No exceptions. It may get mastered in the analog domain only, but it gets mastered. The vast majority of DSD content in the whole comes from either high-res PCM...
  8. D

DSD is better than PCM!

If you can hear it, it has nothing to do with DSD vs PCM by definition. You might be confusing mastering differences with format differences.
  9. D

Play multichannel FLAC files on my AVR

This is how I've been doing it for the last few years with Roon.
  10. D

Native DSD Files + Qobuz / UPnP Streamer / DAC options

You won't find anything better. If you have a piece of kit that does well for you, I wouldn't seek to replace it for nonexistent benefits. There is no remotely audible difference between DSD (PDM) to PCM conversion within modern DAC chips. There is no practical or measurable benefit to "pure...
  11. D

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

DSD to PCM conversion is audibly transparent. It doesn't matter.
  12. D

Today is exactly 40th anniversary of CD in EU/US. Is that a reason to celebrate? How many have you collected? And how do you store your treasures?

It has been (relatively) trivial to rip multichannel SACDs for several years - I've ripped ~100 of mine with a $35 Sony player. If you want to do it, go for it. https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/#post-69000...
  13. D

Audiophile music player for Windows/Mac and your opinion...

I dunno about "audiophile" - by that standard any of them are sufficient. Anything that supports EQ, exposes the metadata/library interface I prefer (especially for classical which is a nightmare for most tagging/metadata systems), and also supports multichannel out for my 5.1 setup gets my...
  14. D

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

Yep, and setting up a Wireguard server is possible everywhere you have a server that can run Roon - in fact I did this before Arc and still use it for other things - but as has been pointed out this is moot. Like Plex, Roon isn't doing anything technically novel - it just does that in a way...
Top Bottom