Recent content by daclogic

1. D

Sabaj A30a announced

Cheers John, a whisky definitely makes more difference than an expensive cable. And a single malt will make the music sound even better than a blended whisky. (Truce accepted - but it wasn't me who equated dollars with sound.)
  2. D

Sabaj A30a announced

Yeah I know about the Carver challenge. But ready my words closely (yeah yeah, I know this is an internet forum and no one reads closely). I didn't say that two amps with the same specs can/will/might sound different. I would know that only if I did a double blind test. Not if someone else did...
  3. D

Sabaj A30a announced

The assumption here is that specs will tell you what an amp/speaker/dac will sound like. I've yet to see the proof of that. But yes, you are right to harp on your point that the dollars charged are no indicator of sound.
  4. D

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

According to this user on another site, yes, the device (or such devices) can output a DSD signal over coaxial (via DOP, which in theory makes no difference to the sound, but is simply a packaging system). Surprised me too...
  5. D

Sabaj A30a announced

Have I got this right – the firmware updates are Windows only? No Mac? Really?
  6. D

Sabaj A30a announced

Thanks for your reply. It helps.
  7. D

Sabaj A30a announced

@Toku Hi, now that you have had a good chance to listen to the amp with it working correctly, what is your opinion of its sound quality?
  8. D

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

Very useful information. Definitely in favour of more such.
  9. D

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

Hey, thanks for your answer. Great to know.
  10. D

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

A question for users, like @Dialectic @onion and of course @Theoretica Appl. Physics (and others I've missed) (But first a thank you for sharing your knowledge on this. I only came across this in the last week and so far have read for hours utterly intrigued. And thanks also for your music list...
  11. D

T Bone Burnett Reveals New Analog Reproduction Technology

No evidence of any type, yet so many opinions... audio science guys. You know, evidence, data, observation...
  12. D

Are these figures real?

Providing a sample would be great @zdravke . I'm very interested in this.
  13. D

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

No. I asked a simple question - can the XLR or RCA outputs be turned off? @dennyboy suggested I turn the subs off from my remote. Given that we were taking about the SU-9n and its remote, you would presume he meant its remote. Maybe the volume of the RCA and XLR outputs can be operated...
Top Bottom