Recent content by d3miller

1. D

Free PEQ VST for mac that can do separate channels?

+1 looking for the same. I'm gonna mess around with Dirac Live for MacOS as well. It's not free, but they give you a 14-day trial. Here's more info: https://confluence.dirac.services/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=142843074 I'm gonna try it this weekend
  2. D

Suggestions for solving my seemingly impossible setup problem?

I had a similar requirement. The whole thing I wanted to solve for was allowing my wife and kids to listen to either our turntable or streaming music (via Wiim), without having to switching inputs. Speakers are Genelec G Four, and they would be a long-ish run, so I'm using XLR cables. I couldn't...
  3. D

I can't tell a difference between 4 phono preamps

Great! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to mine arriving soon :)
  4. D

Good quality RCA > XLR cables

Blue Jeans will do this for you as well. Very reasonable prices. High quality.
  5. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

So I've got my Wiim setup for 192 kHz/24-bit resolution. I stream Apple Music via Airplay 2 from my phone (or from a HomePod) to the Wiim, which then does optical out to my Topping D30 Pro. The Topping does display sampling rate. I can share what displays there, but I'm not sure if that would...
  6. D

That's awesome! Looking forward to mine arriving.... in May :( I would normally cancel and grab off Amazon like you, but I got a roughly 20% discount on it, and I can certainly survive waiting a few more months.
  7. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

Wow. Nice roadmap. These guys are serious about their product. Such a steal at $99. I have had zero issues with mine.
  8. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

To clarify, I never used Wiim's own internal DAC. I've only used the Wiim via optical out to a Topping D30 Pro (with an ML Unison in the middle, all in the digital domain). However, I did use the Node 2is internal DAC, and did not notice an audible difference. But this is my ears only--I'm sure...
  9. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

External DAC - Topping D30 Pro. I honestly don't think there is a noticeable difference. I had the Node doing RCA out to my speakers, also did optical out to a MiniDSP. I think the only audible difference (to me) is when I turned Dirac on. I don't recall any noticeable difference between Wiim...
  10. D

WiiM Mini Streamer

I returned my node 2i for the Wiim. The main reason was I was having issues with network connectivity, which I didn't have with the Wiim. However, it turned out to be my router as I had similar issues with other devices. But even still, I didn't need a lot of the other features of the Node, and...
  11. D

Agreed. I think if you've got MM only, probably not worth it. It does have some nice features--balanced XLR, switches on the front for MM/MC, rumble filter, and mono/stereo. It also has a 40/50 dB switch for MM, which I actually use and set to 50dB (can explain more if you really wanna know). If...
  12. D

Yep, this is where I've landed! Unfortunately the place I ordered from is backordered until May, so I'm just going to go with the cheap $89 Pro-Ject Phono Box to hold me over til then.
  13. D

Streamers that do Airplay 2?

And it does have optical out, which I use for a similar use case as yours via minidsp.
  14. D

Streamers that do Airplay 2?

I have this. No Amazon required. I use a HomePod to control the Wiim by voice.
  15. D

looking for a streamer/DAC with Airplay 2 + wifi to connect Adam active speakers

I would go with a Wiim Mini ($99) with balanced DAC of your choice. I'm running with a Wiim Mini + Topping D30Pro, which is about $500 all in. I have the balanced out going to a pair of Genelecs.
Top Bottom